Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sik

Reported Deaths from Nicotine

Can anyone find any ?

I have had a quick look around and i cannot seem to.

The argument that we must be protected from ourselves seems to wear kinda thin... dontya think ?
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

well, i found this, not really that much info though:
    http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0...045-9/abstract
    and a google news search on "nicotine related deaths" brings back only 40 or so hits....
    [sarc]i didnt realise it was such a big problem......[/sarc]

Here is one more http://tiny.cc/elgca

check the date

Total tally on gear, juice and geeky things so far = ~10000 (oops)
    DNA40/Kayfun Whore; Vaporflask/Vaporshark. 3.1, lite, v4 and a bunch of clones. Fetish for cotton and ni200. Freebasing/vaping Attylube GUV. I've caught the dragon.

AVF Regular
    There would be multiple deaths if I couldnt get some Nic when I need it
    Im a danger to society when Im deprived for too long.

Good one Azz. The total is now at one and a half. mine being the half as there isnt much info, and yours being the only confirmed death. even it if was in 1921. seriously, it was used as an insecticide and a pesticide under the name black leaf 40 i think. you would think in that sort of usage there would have been more accidental deaths hey? as it stands the fact that is can kill you does not seem a viable argument. im with gert on this one, there would be more deaths if we as 'addicts' can not get our hands on our nic.

AVF Regular
    can anyone find any information about seizures caused by nicotine (specifically vaping) though? that stupid article seemed to point out that this was a problem and a frequent occurance yet on all my reading on ECF i've seen nor heard of anyone suffering from one due to vaping.
    we need to clarify this IMHO.

AVF Regular
    Careful research will show there are far more deaths per year for over-exposure to dihydrogen monoxide, which is readily available everywhere!

Sik
    So of the 2 links so far... One was related to intentional suicide. One was reported in 1921....

I wonder how many people die each year through contact with industrial solvents or toxic chemicals used in cleaning.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

seizures? id like to see evidence of that. the worst i've ever experienced is when a 'mate' put a fair bit of cola flavoured in my JD( id say at least 3 or 4 mls). Got nauseous, light headed, had cold sweats was clammy and went white. after getting some fresh air, and a few more JD's i was fine..... im NOT saying its harmless though. A nic OD is def not a very nice state, but im having trouble finding ANY info on actual deaths in the last 50 years.

As vaping becomes more popular it's only a matter of time before somebody dies from a nicotine overdose. We can talk as much as we want about keeping the bottles away from children, but it only takes one redneck to leave a solution in the open when a toddler is around.

It's happened with guns, it's happened with medicine, cleaning products, you name it.

The bigger question is which would be prefer: 15,000 odd deaths a year from smoking related illness (and I'm well aware part of this figure would still occur even if nobody smoked, but let's move on vs less than maybe 10 from nicotine overdose. And given we've had none so far, that's being generous and assuming that most smokers switch. I haven't even heard of a nic overdose from Nicabate lozenges yet...

Everything is dangerous. Some people are idiots. You do the math

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast