Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Credit Card Ripped Off and No Order

Angry Credit Card Ripped Off and No Order

Hey Guys, Just a warning I have just found my credit card maxed at all with generic PURCHASE AUTHORISATION as the reference for numerous debits put on it including a heap of $1 debits. They all follow my payment for an order from this mob that I have yet to receive any confimation of it being sent and its past their 24hr send date with no contact or replies received... Be Warned! Will let you know how this turns out but atm they have scammed almost a grand... >

AVF Regular
    Looks like another kick in the balls for Ecigwarehouse.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    This being your first post lends to your credibility... I haven't used this vendor so can't say that they ar good, but what proof do you have that the fault lies with them (re: the transactions)? You could have a Trojan virus on your computer and that's to blame?
    arth_d likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sure your card didnt get skimmed. I have bought from Ecigs warehouse plenty of times. Im sure there is someone else behind this and ecigs warehouse is just copping the blame.

AVF Regular
    Might be a new rival trying to move in on his turf You do wonder about these one post wonders.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    I think someone should get out their banishing wand.

Unholy beast begone !!!

AVF Regular
    Might just be having issues with their merchant account, but even then, It's highwire that handle the checkout process (shop provider), not these guys directly, and even then, even then, they only accept PayPal and never see your card data. And if you used the PayPal guest checkout, then the $1 payments are from PayPal confirming your card exists before taking payment.

Unless you sent them your card data in an email, in which case, well, if you're that loose with your card data, it's been skimmed already..

...just saying...
    Last edited by sperex; 16-01-13 at 11:01 PM.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    You would really think one would mention this to their credit card company, have the fees reversed, get the transactions investigated & stop assuming based on a gut feeling.

This would be a very, very stupid move, chances are they have the credit cards CCV number also, which you wouldn't be giving out to ecigswarehouse,

They use pay pal and also a secure (HTTPS) payment method, meaning that technically the owner shouldn't even see your credit card details, infact, no one should be able to. Their secure payment link is: https://checkout.highwire.com/?id=3d...5763c8&s=29082

I am sticking up for this guy because if this happened to me I'd be pretty upset. I just did a few quick basic checks and chances are, over christmas, while drunk, a taxi driver swiped your credit card in a manual swiper (or someone did) and noted your CCV. This is what happened to me, but all $150 worth of charges reversed. It's very typical for this activity to be done over christmas when lots of transactions are happening, or just after, using all the stored up credit card numbers that were saved. The details may have been waiting for several months and it was just a coincidence.
    virtualphoenix and davee like this.
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by sperex View Post
    Might just be having issues with their merchant account, but even then, It's highwire that handle the checkout process (shop provider), not these guys directly, and even then, even then, they only accept PayPal and never see your card data. And if you used the PayPal guest checkout, then the $1 payments are from PayPal confirming your card exists before taking payment.

Unless you sent them your card data in an email, in which case, well, if you're that loose with your card data, it's been skimmed already..

...just saying...
    story: My girlfriend (sorry ladies) works at a cafe. One of their customers often racked up large bills, and would pay them off, bits at a time.. the 'tab' ended up $1,600+

The customer rung up and said 'here's my credit card number, blah blah'. It was someone else's card. No CCV required for this. No name required either.

The cafe owner punched in the credit card number, not requiring a CCV - however, I am guessing the Cafe owner was at fault by accepting a card over the phone for such a large amount. I am guessing the bank may ask why they accepted such a payment over the phone.

Needless to say the persons who got the charges will get them back via the bank, and I assume the money will be given to the Cafe, and the person will be held liable. It's also evident this person knew exactly what they were doing, in terms of how to do a CC payment using someone else's card, without even having to give a name (it was a males card, and a female was the customer). Pretty ballsy move, I wonder what the legalities are.
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast