Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Thanks for stuffing up my address

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Kostanz sent me an email asking for me to explain myself on AV a few hours ago so here goes.

All orders over $30 are express post, under $30 you have the option upgrade and get express post in checkout.

All parcels are traceable and that tracking is sent as soon as the order is packed,

We write whatever the customer inputs for their delivery address with care.

We do put a return address on every parcel.

For privacy issues we don’t put the customer’s mobile number on the packages as I feel it’s too much info that anyone can get from the package, so for our customers privacy and safety we opt not to add mobile numbers to parcels.

We will always help with any questions or problems though our site or email, AV forum isn’t our support channel.

I still don’t know who Kostanz is as I have no information about the order as the email sent to me today telling me to explain myself was not the one used for any order and I have not had any contact about this apparent issue, so it’s a bit hard for me to check the real details of the apparent 3 post offices run around etc.
    Matt
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AVF Regular
    Sigh..... Now where to start...

Postage.. Just added the same items i bought to cart, filled in details and i only see 1 option for delivery, which comes to $14.30.. So im paying for the price of express based on to buy a single express post bag and bubble wrap coming to $12, so maybe a bit more but as you will see further down was definitely not express.. Yes i received the tracking number.. Here it is to refresh your memory of the order... It is what clued me into something going astray when my parcel was NOT delivered but returned to the post office.. Will get into that later

You sure you write every input with care and put a return address? I think not as per picture...

As for privacy issues... Your willing to give them an address and hope on a safe arrival? Maybe you should start adding numbers to the item. Its there for a reason, incase something like this does happen.. If i hadnt taken the initiative to go searching for my parcel, what would they of done with it? There was no return address so who knows what would of happened to it

I am not here for any help or questions i am here to "share" my experience using your service, i have not asked for a refund or credit or even an apology

The reason i ran around to 3 different post offices? 1st i went to my local post office and asked them, they said no but they did send some mail to another location and should ring them up.. Not knowing there number, not wanting to wait on hold and just a plain not wanting to talk over a phone for god knows how long, drove down there, but no it wasnt there and was told to goto the main post office. Went there and after 20-30minutes was finally found..

As for anything else i dont care, this was my experience and i wont be back.
    margyb, Milkman_ and alegria like this.

AVF Regular
    Just saw in your pic there is 8 champion and 9 champion or am I seeing wrong?
    Noe and jeff like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Yes, they sent it to the wrong number

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Nothin wrong with your eyes margy
    margyb likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Hi
    Ok that's looks like a stuff up with the address, the postage being higher was due to the disposable as we have the offer of a free disposable but you pay postage, we aimed them at new users of e-cig to buy one and just pay postage cost but if added one a order with other products then it added postage on top.

So i do apologies for the wrong address, the return address sticker must have fallen off or been removed as AUS post will not send it without one.

In the end of the day mistakes will happen sometimes, and if i stuff up then i will always make it up to the customer, if emailed about the problem i would go out of my way to make sure the customer was happy, but this time i had no chance to do so as this problem was taken straight to a forum instead of our support channels.

Matt
    timmah likes this.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AVF Regular
    Theres still no option for express? Plus why should adding a free item double the cost of postage.. They wherent shipped separately
    Noe likes this.

I will admit, I have made this mistake also. I'm pretty sure most online businesses have. It sucks, but it happens. Unfortunately, in my case as well, the person at number 8 did not know the person at number 9, therefore did not send the package on.

It happens, and vendors should compensate with free products if they make an error. It's a simple rule to keep the customer feeling satisfied. If a package was ever returned to me, you would certainly ship it back at no cost to the customer (even if ended up at a small loss), it's part of online sales.

/Carryon
    timmah likes this.

I want to see if I understand this...

- An order was sent to eVape and an error/mistake occurred meaning the customer had to drive around a bit and wait on hold to Australia Post in order to track down the package.
    - Customer asks the vendor to publicly come on here and explain what happened.
    - Vendor comes on here and explains what happened.
    - Customer tells them they won't ever shop there again.

This is why we can't have nice things people.

Sometimes mistakes occur and shit happens. I work for a company large enough that a lot of mistakes happen. It's just that humans have to work somewhere and unfortunately when humans work places sometimes mistakes occur.

As I deal in customer service I can't tell you how pissed off it makes me when a customer resorts to public shaming. Especially when they haven't even tried to sort out the problem with the company they're having the problem with. It's one of the most pathetic things I come across on a day to day basis.

For those who have never worked in a customer facing industry here's a tip: Don't threaten the company you have an issue with. Work with them and more than likely you will discover that they are genuinely sorry they made the mistake and they will want to make it up to you. If you do go down the path of making a scene in public with the intention of damaging their reputation, then they will feel less obliged to help you. I have personally cut off thousands of dollars in compensation to people who decided they wanted to be douchebags about an issue.

Matt - I want to let you know that this actually makes me respect you more. I wouldn't have come into a public forum because a disgruntled customer told me to "explain" an issue. It is between you and the customer.

/rant over.

*Edit - If I was wrong about what went down, sorry. My tips on working with vendors and companies in general stands.
    Last edited by timmah; 08-10-13 at 02:40 PM.

"Work with them and more than likely you will discover that they are genuinely sorry they made the mistake and they will want to make it up to you."

well said. I think it's always a good approach to give the benefit of the doubt and stay calm, whether it's a bricks and mortar or online business and they'll usually step over themselves to be helpful. You're still dealing with a person, and no one likes to be reamed a new one - it tends to make people not want to be helpful IMO
    spud and timmah like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12