[Rules] Aussievapers Forum Rules
AVF is an 18+ forum. While we acknowledge the act of Smoking is not limited to people of 18 years or over we do ask that all members be above the legal smoking age before joining the forum ... if you are not 18 years of age we of course cannot stop you using the forum as a resource just like any other site on the web. However to be an active member of the AVF community we require you to be at least 18 years of age.
This thread contains the comprehensive listing of all AVF forum rules including the general forum rules but also extending to cover the policies and rules for our numerous sub forums.
Every member of AVF should be aware of and familiar with these rules. Please also be aware that these rules are subject to change at any time. If a particular rule or expectation should
only be held to a subforum further information can be found in the subforum listing further down the page.
The AussieVapers forum is a privately owned system which I choose to provide to the community under limited access conditions. AVF reserves the right to remove your access, without warning, notice or contact for any reason which we may or may not chose to disclose.
General Forum Etiquette
These are designed to cover all forums and sub forums and outlines a general expectation of behaviour during your visit.
1. Please do your best to remain polite and show respect to all other forum and community members. If someone posts something that you think could be considered offensive by a majority please do not respond to them in the thread but instead use the report post function to notify the administrators and moderators of the post or thread. The report post icon can be found next to every post please do use it.
2. When quoting please quote selectively instead of re-quoting gigantic chunks, quote instead the portions relevant to the post you intend to make.
3. There is to be no copyrighted material on the forums unless you own the copyright or distribution is permitted of said content. This is mostly to weed out the obvious.
4. Please try and ensure all new threads are posted in the most relevant subforum. Descriptions are provided for all sub-forums are available on the front page. Threads posted in the incorrect sections may well be closed and the creator of the thread asked to recreate in the relevant sub forum.
5. No crossposting! If you post multiple copies of the same message/thread in multiple sub forums your threads may be closed or deleted. Continue doing so after being asked to stop could result in infractions upon your account.
6. No posting of personal information without prior consent from said person! This is included but not limited to, email, phone numbers, real names, street or postal addresses and more.
7. Do not attempt to outsmart the word filter. There are certain words and phrases here censored for a reason (some of them legal) but the fact they are censored should be a clear indication AVF does not want them used. An attempt to circumvent it could result in your post being edited or deleted.
8. Try to use effective and relevant titles for your threads. Thread titles that contain personal attacks, insults, swearing or anything that looks like the above may be edited or deleted or a moderator at our discretion.
9. If you need to amend your post please use the edit function available to all users as opposed to creating multiple consecutive posts.
10. Always perform a search before posting a new thread! What you need to know may have already been asked or there could already be an active thread.
11. The Moderator is always right . The only recourse to this is by appeal to the Forum Admin to deal with as he sees fit. Until then please respect the Moderator and his/her role at AVF
1. Illegal, offensive, abusive, threatening or deliberately inflammatory or accusatory messages are not to be posted in the forums nor sent to other users by Private Message. If the admins are made aware of any such conduct the messages will be deleted and offenders may be banned.
Spam, Affiliate Links, Vendor links etc.
1. Do not spam the forums or send unsolicited bulk messages through the Private Message system to members. If you would like to have a presence on the forum please contact JatoOspry the owner of the site using the private message system. In a future update due soon I will provide a contact for this specifically so vendors may get in touch.
2. Affiliate programs or links containing affiliate identifiers are not to be posted including as a part of your signature! Signatures that exist as nothing more than a way to generate advertising for vendors are also not tolerated and will be removed or edited by an administrator.
Useless posts / Posts that contribute nothing
1. Useless posts and threads that add nothing to the thread at hand are not welcome at AVF and will be deleted
2. Examples of the above that do not add to the quality of the forum include posts which contain limited discussion outside of "LOL, OMG ROFL, WTF, +1, 10char" etc. A simple way to understand the intended effect of this rule is to ask if what you are about to post adds to the quality of the discussion or AVF in general, if it does not please save your time and the time of the moderators and refrain from posting it.
1. Adult content of any kind (Pornography, softcore or hardcore, images of sexual nature) is not to be posted on AVF. The forums are comprised of people from all walks of life and AVF is frequently accessed from many corporate sites and work places where unexpected adult content is not considered appropriate. On top of this such content can get AVF placed on lists which could reduce access for community members. Posts and threads considered to be in breach of this will be deleted.
1. Forum bans are a method that may be used by members of the moderation and administration team when a rule breach is considered severe enough or consistent abuse is seen by a user
2. Depending on the nature of the issue at hand moderators/administrators may choose to provide a warning first to all involved participants but this is not required and will not be grounds for revering a ban, weather or not to pre-warn a user is at our discretion.
3. There is no set time table for banning periods. It is at the discretion of the moderation/administration team. Modifying the duration of a ban is at the discretion of the moderator who issued the ban or in extreme cases the site administrators.
4. If you are the recipient of multiple bans each time you are banned the length of time you are banned for will increase resulting in being permabanned for continual bad behaviour.
5. If you read, understand and follow the above rules and any further instruction from the administration/moderation team (For example, "This discussion is over please do not start a new thread") then it is unlikely you will ever need to worry about being banned.
7. We do not ban for the fun of it, if the reason for your banning is not clear you may contact an administrator/moderation team member for further information. Should you have real reason to believe that a ban was not fairly applied you may personally send me a PM and I will investigate as the forum owner. Please note this does not mean I will be unapproving bans, this is likely to be in rare cases where perhaps there really has been an issue.
1. One account and one account only. Users found to be abusing multiple accounts will be banned. If you are banned and you attempt to create another account it and all subsequent accounts as they are found will be banned. Should the behaviour continue abuse complaints will be lodged against recorded addresses.
2. By becoming a member of the AussieVapers.com community forum, you agree not use the AussieVapers.com community Forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise violative of any law. You as the poster remain solely responsible for the content of your messages including those sent over the private message system or any other means of transmission utilising AussieVapers, and you agree to indemnify and hold anyone else, including AussieVapers.com community and the Forum Operators, harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message or messages.
3. By choosing to becoming a member of the AussieVapers.com forums, you indicate your agreement that the contents of all messages are the responsibility of the individual message posters and therefore agree not to hold AussieVapers, the Forum Operators or any other entity associated with the Forums responsible or in any way liable for damages of any kind with respect to the content of any message on the AussieVapers Forums and to the extent permitted by law you waive any and all rights to make claims against AussieVapers, the Forum Operators or any other entity associated with the Forums. You agree that if you have a complaint about a message or post contained within the Forums your first and only action will be to notify an Administrator so that we may remove the message if necessary.
If you do not agree to the terms as set out above or do not wish to abide by the terms outlined above for the duration of your stay please do not become a member or feel free to abandon your membership. There are almost unlimited community options and you are more than free to join them if the above terms are not palatable to you.