Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Like Tree634Likes

Thread: Has AV been hacked?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yes, Gmail is the problem. It's a bit hard to confirm changes by email when Gmail eats the messages. The mods do not have the access rights to help you.

You can try adding admin@aussievapers.com to your address book. Usually, well behaved spam blockers will look at your address book and won't delete mail from anybody or anything that you claim to know.

Gmail has never been well behaved though. They block entire domains based on spam reports from users, and seem to often use the option of blocking completely rather than putting the mail in a spam folder for you to find. The problem is members who joined the forum some time back but are no longer active. They may still get notifications from threads they are subscribed to (like very active ones - handchecks, TIL, Vendors threads etc) but instead of making the effort to change their notfications or unsub they just hit the spam button. The notifications eventually stop, and aussievapers.com is on the spam list. My mail has been done on Yahoo for nearly 20 years, and at times I've been unable to communicate with people on Gmail - they blocked the entire yahoo mail domain at one point. Lazy buggers...

If the address book thing doesn't work, you might have to contact Gmail and see if they can insert an exception for admin@aussievapers.com for your account. The wheels probably turn slowly, but I think they can sort it.
    Still no luck. Can mods change my email for me, I wonder..?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LustStarrr View Post

No, sorry but we don't have the privileges to do that ... hell, I don't have enough confidence in the system to change mine

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Stomp, Fatman, 1ynne and 1 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LustStarrr View Post

You might have no other option than to try and contact support. I believe someone has done this and got it fixed but was a PITA.

Australian phone numbers I've found for you:
    1800 954 301 - Gmail help line
    1800 959 801 - Gmail technical support
    1800 875 256 - Gmail Support Australia

I have no idea why they have so many or which one would be the best to use.
    LustStarrr likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    or, Lust, just set up a new account not using a gmail email.. I think that is how another member who had exactly the same problems 'fixed' it. I think LustStarrrr has a certain rroar about it
    Fatman, rockmoose and LustStarrr like this.

Because we love our Vegemite. We all adore our Vegemite. IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK !

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    or, Lust, just set up a new account not using a gmail email.. I think that is how another member who had exactly the same problems 'fixed' it. I think LustStarrrr has a certain rroar about it
    LOL, not another 'r'! It was finding a unique username on Hotmail that got me as many as I've already got! I thought perhaps I'd add my location via my signature, & see if that's acceptable for now... 'til I get in touch with Gmail.

My location is Surfers Paradise, QLD.

I'd add it to my profile, but Gmail keeps eating my password reset emails, so I can't login via PC, however I'm logged in via the phone app... so this will have to suffice for now!
    DogMan likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    obviously not optimal, but given the current circumstances and all, if you want to stop the popups on the login page and elsewhere, add this to your hosts file.

0.0.0.0 deloton.com
    0.0.0.0 mobpushup.com
    0.0.0.0 rtmark.net
    0.0.0.0 coinhive.com
    0.0.0.0 oeil.gq
    0.0.0.0 mfio.cf
    gtadmin, Fatman, Juzm and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    No, sorry but we don't have the privileges to do that ... hell, I don't have enough confidence in the system to change mine

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Bugger... Just found this guide in case you wanna try your luck anyway, with messing with my user account: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...editing_a_user

NOTE: My location is Surfers Paradise, QLD.

I'd add it to my profile, but Gmail keeps eating my password reset emails, so I can't login via PC, however I'm logged in via the phone app... so this will have to suffice for now!
    AllyP likes this.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344