Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Email notifications are NOT being sent.

AVF Regular
    I have a gmail address and haven't been getting notifications for quite some time now. I remember last time this happened I fart-arsed around for days, but have no idea how or why it righted itself. This time round, I decided to just live with it At least until work and life settle a bit.
    gtadmin, emu and Jemor53 like this.

StudioVape/PC Wood mods/Custom Classic/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Svapiamo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Origen Little/Hadaly/Pulse22/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    I have a gmail address and haven't been getting notifications for quite some time now. I remember last time this happened I fart-arsed around for days, but have no idea how or why it righted itself. This time round, I decided to just live with it At least until work and life settle a bit.
    Wished I had left it too. The crazy thing is I lost my avatar and signature too and it was completely gone in the menu in my settings.

The gremlins had a good old party in my account it seems. This account is working fine now.
    emu likes this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor53 View Post
    Wished I had left it too. The crazy thing is I lost my avatar and signature too and it was completely gone in the menu in my settings.

The gremlins had a good old party in my account it seems. This account is working fine now.
    ( ●_●)-((⌼===<((() ≍≍≍≍≍ ♒ ✺ ♒
    emu and Jemor53 like this.

hmmm... I don't know what is going on with this site, but everytime I seem to post a lengthy post it says it needs moderator approval or something (the message is so fast I can't read it all) then redirects me to the menu and I loose the post.

I'm not sure I noticed that on my other account, but is this normal?

Maybe because I'm a newbie again???
    Last edited by Jemor53; 04-08-17 at 09:59 AM.
    emu likes this.
    Jemor

emu
    AVF Regular
    Must be something to do with your IP address Jemor, we need Jato to check it out. I remember he did something to stop spammers a while back by associating IP's with a block but that's all I know.
    Fatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Must be something to do with your IP address Jemor, we need Jato to check it out. I remember he did something to stop spammers a while back by associating IP's with a block but that's all I know.
    Thanks emu. I'm not blocked, but my long winded posts are not being allowed without moderation therefore not turning up for ages.

I think it might be because I'm back as a newbie not a regular as in the old account. Though I'm sure I've seen first posts by newbies fairly long also. dunno!
    emu likes this.
    Jemor

I am a newbie and can post ok

Super Moderator
    Hi Jemor ... unfortunately you are a victim of several processes ... the first is Gmail , which decides on its own to eat random emails from AVF at times .. it would appear by your old account it has decided the confirmation email from AVF which is sent out when you alter your account details or email address is one of those emails it has chosen to eat ... you can reactivate the account by using a non Gmail addy and reactivating it when the confirmation mail is sent to that new address

* your main Jemor acct is listed on our db as "Users awaiting email confirmation "

The second issues is indeed some of your posts are being "moderated" by the forums Spam Filter ... I validate them when I see them , but it does not generate an alert to let us know , so we have to manually check to see if any are caught up ( for instance I just validated your recent post in the Amazon Australia thread )... now the reason this is happening is because the host IP your account is using is blacklisted on a couple of spam lists ... usually after approving a couple of posts it comes good on AVF .. not sure why its getting a few of yours tho , it maybe your host server has more than one IP that has been flagged for spamming ...

Sorry its such a pain for you but us mods are doing what we can
    Last edited by Fatman; 04-08-17 at 02:38 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Hi Jemor ... unfortunately you are a victim of several processes ... the first is Gmail , which decides on its own to eat random emails from AVF at times .. it would appear by your old account it has decided the confirmation email from AVF which is sent out when you alter your account details or email address is one of those emails it has chosen to eat ... you can reactivate the account by using a non Gmail addy and reactivating it when the confirmation mail is sent to that new address

* your main Jemor acct is listed on our db as "Users awaiting email confirmation "

The second issues is indeed some of your posts are being "moderated" by the forums Spam Filter ... I validate them when I see them , but it does not generate an alert to let us know , so we have to manually check to see if any are caught up ( for instance I just validated your recent post in the Amazon Australia thread )... now the reason this is happening is because the host IP your account is using is blacklisted on a couple of spam lists ... usually after approving a couple of posts it comes good on AVF .. not sure why its getting a few of yours tho , it maybe your host server has more than one IP that has been flagged for spamming ...

Sorry its such a pain for you but us mods are doing what we can
    Thanks FM.. first I want you to know that I don't blame anyone to do with the forum and especially not you mods as I have been in your position before and had my own forums, so I do know some of the problems associated and the headache you have from dealing with these issues. I so appreciate yours and the other mods work here, you do a wonderful job.

I did try to change my 'Jemor' account to my ISP email account..lol..but forgot I had already used it for this account. See...I'm getting too old I tell ya. I was going to set up a new ISP email strictly for AVF, but I was a little suspicious that it could've had something to do with my ISP, so have left it for now.

It's interesting about the host IP, but there could be a similar reason I had many years ago. Apparently when ISP's add new blocks of server numbers as their customer base grows, sometimes overseas countries block them until certain protocols are met (or something) from memory. This was in my thoughts as the ISP I use is relatively small in Australia even though I've used them for about 12 years from when they first started.

I'm not sure what to do now. Whether to go back and fix my old account with new email or stay with this one. Oh wait! I can't right? Gmail have blocked AVF...cause I did try another gmail address. And I did loose my avatar and signature for no apparent reason. Think I'll just stay put and hope the black list thingy sorts itself out.

Sorry mods, you might have to work a little harder for my posts for awhile, but I'll try to keep them short....promise!
    Fatman and emu like this.
    Jemor

FM...any way to delete my old account? I'm still having trouble with longer posts and it might be because my IP is linked to both and it thinks I have 2 accounts, therefore spam. Just a thought.
    emu likes this.
    Jemor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast