Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Email notifications are NOT being sent.

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290

    Email notifications are NOT being sent.

    Can someone help me figure out why I'm suddenly not getting my email notifications on subscribe threads now please?

    I've tried everything I can see in settings and all looks OK

    Messaging & Notification
    Receive Email:
    Receive Email from Administrators TICKED
    Receive Email from Other Members TICKED
    Receive Friendship Request Email TICKED
    From time to time, the administrators and/or other members may want to send you email notifications or messages. If you do not want to receive email from certain people then you may disable the options here
    Default Thread Subscription Mode: TICKED

    All was all working fine until the last windows update, so not sure if it was this or not. Do I have to empty the subscription folder or something?

    Actually I might just leave it off anyway. Was starting to get too many, but it would be nice to know why it's not working suddenly.
    Last edited by Jemor; 02-08-17 at 09:16 AM.

  2. #2
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    2,011
    Have you checked your spam folder Jemor..?
    fabricator4 and Jemor like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Moving 1000km closer to civilisation
    Posts
    7,694
    ... and do you use gmail? Gmail does not play nice.

    ETA: Gmail decides to block whole domains... not put them in the spam folder, just pretend they never existed.

    Most of the time gmail will block my Yahoo mail address, with no warnings at all. Die gmail, DIE.....
    Last edited by fabricator4; 02-08-17 at 10:01 AM.
    btobw, DocM, emu and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Have you checked your spam folder Jemor..?
    Yes emu. I've been getting them since started here til just recently.
    emu likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    ... and do you use gmail? Gmail does not play nice.

    ETA: Gmail decides to block whole domains... not put them in the spam folder, just pretend they never existed.

    Most of the time gmail will block my Yahoo mail address, with no warnings at all. Die gmail, DIE.....
    Hmmm... I do use gmail, but have it through my microsoft windows 10 addy. I'll check that, but I'm more inclined to think of a windows thing. Not had any problems with gmail that I know of.

    Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with gmail.
    Last edited by Jemor; 02-08-17 at 10:19 AM.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Moving 1000km closer to civilisation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    Hmmm... I do use gmail, but have it through my microsoft windows 10 addy. I'll check that, but I'm more inclined to think of a windows thing. Not had any problems with gmail that I know of.
    You mean your registered email address is the gmail one, but you are using microsoft mail to access it? If the problem is gmail, they well never get passed to imap, because they will never show up in your gmail inbox, not even a warning that mail was dropped.
    btobw likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Thanks guys. I've probably done something in settings to warrant this. It was just handy for me to check which posts I needed to respond to first thing of the day before I got too involved in other things.

    It's not a biggy. But I appreciate your suggestions. I'll figure it out eventually.
    emu likes this.

  8. #8
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    Thanks guys. I've probably done something in settings to warrant this. It was just handy for me to check which posts I needed to respond to first thing of the day before I got too involved in other things.

    It's not a biggy. But I appreciate your suggestions. I'll figure it out eventually.
    The only other thing I can think of is if you have this ticked on the subscribed threads page...?


  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You mean your registered email address is the gmail one, but you are using microsoft mail to access it? If the problem is gmail, they well never get passed to imap, because they will never show up in your gmail inbox, not even a warning that mail was dropped.
    Yes thanks Fab... I understand what you're saying, but I'm sure it's not that. I have quite a few gmail accounts and all through the windows 10 email addy and have never had a problem with anything before and still getting other vaping stuff. I'm thinking I might've done something in settings or it could be my browser updates of late....I'll check some other things also as my pc has been hic-cupping lately so might need some maintenance.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Moving 1000km closer to civilisation
    Posts
    7,694
    Oh, check:

    Settings --> General Settings --> Messaging and Notification -->
    Default Thread Subscription Mode... Should be set to "instantly, using email".
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


 

 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:45 AM.