• 3 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By stylemessiah
  • 2 Post By J_B_86
  • 4 Post By Hoofprint

Thread: stop the mining

AVF Regular

stop the mining

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...k-coin-miners/

to stop the site mining off your hardware (possibly related to our malware issues) use the link for firefox or chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...belmpjcgmbgjcl

firefox was tested and used right to stop the coin hive mine

Before

after installing the firefox addon

If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Is there one of these for an android tablet? Having trouble finding one. Just in the last week or so my tablet has started slowing right down and freezing for a few seconds at a time whenever this forum is open in a tab so I'm presuming its the mining.
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    Is there one of these for an android tablet? Having trouble finding one. Just in the last week or so my tablet has started slowing right down and freezing for a few seconds at a time whenever this forum is open in a tab so I'm presuming its the mining.
    Android chrome and android Firefox lack extensions. But you can use an alternate browser with built in anti malware and anti adware.

Or use tapatalk.

Kinda sucks.

Is your device rooted? If you have root access then fab's host file should help. But you'll need a rooted device to write to /etc/
    J_B_86 likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Android chrome and android Firefox lack extensions. But you can use an alternate browser with built in anti malware and anti adware.

Or use tapatalk.

Kinda sucks.

Is your device rooted? If you have root access then fab's host file should help. But you'll need a rooted device to write to /etc/
    Ah thanks that explains it lol. No not rooted, only really use it for browsing or videos and the laptop does the rest. Not too keen on tapatalk, happy to use another browser though, any suggestions? Haven't used anything other than Chrome or Firefox for a long time.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    Ah thanks that explains it lol. No not rooted, only really use it for browsing or videos and the laptop does the rest. Not too keen on tapatalk, happy to use another browser though, any suggestions? Haven't used anything other than Chrome or Firefox for a long time.
    i'll need to handball to someone else on that one. I just stick with chrome, but know there are "safer" [for lack of better word] browsers out there
    J_B_86 likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    i'll need to handball to someone else on that one. I just stick with chrome, but know there are "safer" [for lack of better word] browsers out there
    No worries, I'll wait for someone else to chime in, thanks for the help.
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Brave Browser has a built in ad blocker. I've never used it but the reviews seem generally positive.
    btobw, DogMan and J_B_86 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular

Or use tapatalk.

Kinda sucks.

Ublock Origin works fine under Firefox Android, so does Ablock (but thats been hopelessly compromised by paid avertisers for years, hence UBlock)

For a rooted Android phone you want to install F-Droid (f-droid.org), and from F-Droid install AdAway which downloads and creates a hosts file from different sources
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 25-11-17 at 04:43 PM.
    DogMan and J_B_86 like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Brave Browser has a built in ad blocker. I've never used it but the reviews seem generally positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Ublock Origin works fine under Firefox Android, so does Ablock (but thats been hopelessly compromised by paid avertisers for years, hence UBlock)

For a rooted Android phone you want to install F-Droid (f-droid.org), and from F-Droid install AdAway which downloads and creates a hosts file from different sources
    Thanks for the suggestions, using Brave now and so far so good, will try firefox with Ublock if needed. I like that Brave uses chromium so it won't take any getting used to.
    DogMan and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Im disappointed with this wussware.
    Since everyone says its all over this place, ive disabled all protection on my rig and placed a big sign saying "come at me bro".

2 days later and one little bug made an attempt (it wasn't from AVF).
    It disguised itself as a chrome.exe changed the chrome shortcut to itself.
    it tried to screw with my disabled firewall but by doing so re enabled it. the firewall having none of its shit immediately slapped it upside the head.