Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: It doesnt really get said enough :)

Super Moderator

It doesnt really get said enough :)

OK as most of the AVF regulars will know AVF has been having some problems , the most obvious being the enormous amount of Spam posts lately as well as the frustrating ongoing redirections problems .
    The redirections us mods really cant do anything about, but the spam posting is something we have to battle with daily ....
    While I might be "the face" of AVF ( I really hate that but I got labelled with it a while back and its stuck)... what doesn't get appreciated so much is the absolutely STERLING work undertaken by both GTadmin and Giruvian in sorting out those posts continually and deleting them as soon as they are seen or reported ... I don't get too many of them , because they are usually first in line at them ... I suspect it absolutely frustrates the F$%# out of them and yet time after time they clean up the joint as well as continuing the great job they do as moderators ....
    Its been a frustrating time for us all and I can tell you without this guy and gal I would have gone bananas long ago ... quite literally they support me in ways that amaze me ... hopefully I give a bit of it back in their direction ...

We don't ask for praise in this job, but really these guys DESERVE it, thick and thin they have stopped me from unraveling over the years and have become firm mates in the most amazing way... they just get on and do what they do like nuclear powered submarines under the waves of crap that confront us ...

Some people will think AVF is going down the crapper a bit ... but I am firmly of the belief we would be 3/4s of the way thru the S-bend headed for the septic if they didn't do what they do and work tirelessly for the community. ( not to mention the support they give me personally )

Currently we are also having more serious redirect issues , with an apparent coinminer site possibly involved ... anti-virus and adblocker software will mitigate it and I urge all members/visitors to make use of them ... this is something us a mods can do absolutely NOTHING about ...

Jato has been notified by email by me to the addresses he has given me

now getting back to the original point of this post ... Thank You Graham and Ingrid ... so ...so ... much..... it doesn't get said as often as it should !
    Last edited by Fatman; 16-11-17 at 02:58 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    All 3 of you are boof heads

Xo
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Thank you to ALL the mods, including you FM. You might not like being the "face" of AVF but it would not be the place it is without the three of you. I'm sure all the regular members recognise that fact, and your success is largely due to the high regard you are all held in, and the firm but even way you deal with issues.

Here's hoping that Jato loosens up control of the admin a little. AVF is too important to let this go on as long it has. It doesn't affect my own systems, but I worry we are turning away a lot of people who we could help, and a lot of friends who would otherwise be part of the community.

AVF is going to become *more* relevant when we eventually get nicotine legalised. Let's hope we are ready.
    giruvian, Fatman, DogMan and 6 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    All 3 of you are boof heads

Xo
    Seconded!
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Adding my thanks for a great job by all of you.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Gold starts for all three of you!

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

CMB
    AVF Regular
    How much longer can you all keep doing it for is the question? I think it might be time to jump ship, register a new domain and start fresh with a proactive admin and new forum software with a proper paid for license (not an old pirated version like we have now) that manages spam registrations and posts a bit better.

At the end Jato isn't going to do anything, and if he does it will be a half assed patch up job that will last 2 months and we'll be back to square one.

Really, flogging this dead horse is actually doing a disservice to people by putting them at risk, I am sure it won't be long before this site is listed as malicious.

AVF Regular
    nah FM isnt the face of AVF all the mods are, they just have different strengths.

FM is like a cuddly teddy bear, it fun to go on whimsical adventures. takes alot to aggro but when he does gremlins come to mind.
    GT is like an old man, fine for debating philosophy and trolling. his inbred folksy wisdom is always worth reading.
    Guri....she scares the shit outta me, kinda reminds me of my sister. loveable but I pity the poor bastard that picks a fight with her id never do it.
    pippo, giruvian, gtadmin and 7 others like this.

AVF Regular
    FM as the face, Ingy as the legs, and gt as the (cough cough) smuggling region.

We have the sexiest forum on the interwebs.

Thank you all three, for maintaining such a dignified, orderly procession.

At war with technology.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

emu
    AVF Regular
    A big THANK YOU from a BIG bird brain to you three for making AVF so welcoming and fair.
    Keep up the great work you three...!!!
    giruvian and stylemessiah like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast