Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree1665Likes

Thread: AVF's Future ( or how NOT to celebrate a 5th Year Mod Anniversary )

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    At least I'm still peddling (the lights dim when I stop for a breather )
    giruvian, Fatman, DogMan and 5 others like this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Very pessimistic of you Dogman.

But I guess in these troubled times, dark humour can lighten the mood.

Here they are then

AVF Regular

Join in the fun!
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 3 others like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    So jato is still being the useless overlord he has been for the past 3 years

Paying the domain fees and hosting is peanuts in money terms
    He just won’t give up the domain.
    1ynne and Danny76 like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Agreed - the financial costs are less than onerous.. but our links to the domain are what we are wanting to be clean, updated and maintained !

Keep peddling GT !

but
    um..
    Given this thread and the current concerns so clearly articulated by the Mods, I find a Admin Forum Announcement dated 30-12-17 until 30-01-88 to Members of AVF comprising a single dot is less than hopeful that this dilemma is likely to be solved.. in fact it is probably more than likely not to be.. sigh

now if the dotter was to simply pull the plug and the site is not longer accessible, is there another non dotter controlled site for info and updates and news about what and where AVF refugees may go?

Should/Could there be? just a thought...

facebook makes me shudder, but could a twitter account be set up by those 'in the know' for news.. updates etc.. in a 'just in case this all goes rotten" scenario ?

thoughts?
    Last edited by 1ynne; 30-12-17 at 07:15 PM.
    giruvian, MrGruffy, DocM and 1 others like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Agreed - the financial costs are less than onerous.. but our links to the domain are what we are wanting to be clean, updated and maintained !

Keep peddling GT !

but
    um..
    Given this thread and the current concerns so clearly articulated by the Mods, I find a Admin Forum Announcement dated 30-12-17 until 30-01-88 to Members of AVF comprising a single dot is less than hopeful that this dilemma is likely to be solved.. in fact it is probably more than likely not to be.. sigh

now if the dotter was to simply pull the plug and the site is not longer accessible, is there another non dotter controlled site for info and updates and news about what and where AVF refugees may go?

Should/Could there be? just a thought...

facebook makes me shudder, but could a twitter account be set up by those 'in the know' for news.. updates etc.. in a 'just in case this all goes rotten" scenario ?

thoughts?
    I'm happy to run a mail box where people could email me if the site goes down and they don't know what's going on. One of the mods would have to keep me informed of course. I doubt he would just pull the pin, but ya never know. Simon, Ingy, GT? just say the word and I'll set it up.
    giruvian, Fractal, DogMan and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Who is that DarkMonk character that is also an admin that does feck all? Anyone know him? Think he was from QLD.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I'm happy to run a mail box where people could email me if the site goes down and they don't know what's going on. One of the mods would have to keep me informed of course. I doubt he would just pull the pin, but ya never know. Simon, Ingy, GT? just say the word and I'll set it up.
    OK, it's already done. (couldn't help myself).

If anything happens you can email AVF_contact_point@yahoo.com and you will get an automated response with the latest information, if I have it.

If you want me to actually read the email, put the word "scream" in the subject (for example if a mod wants to give me an update or some information that needs to go out).

I suggest everybody make a note of this email address just in case. One way of doing this would be to send a test message to it now (especially if you are on Gmail.........) and then it will be in your address book, or at least your sent messages...

All email addresses I see will be held in the closest confidence. I will probably delete them several times per day, mostly without even looking at them ('cept for "screams" of course).

Have at it...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 30-12-17 at 08:35 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Who is that DarkMonk character that is also an admin that does feck all? Anyone know him? Think he was from QLD.
    I think Hitler mentions him about 1.42 on the rant ! https://www.captiongenerator.com/839...ants-About-AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    OK, it's already done. (couldn't help myself).

If anything happens you can email AVF_contact_point@yahoo.com and you will get an automated response with the latest information, if I have it.

If you want me to actually read the email, put the word "scream" in the subject (for example if a mod wants to give me an update or some information that needs to go out).

I suggest everybody make a note of this email address just in case. One way of doing this would be to send a test message to it now (especially if you are on Gmail.........) and then it will be in your address book, or at least your sent messages...

All email addresses I see will be held in the closest confidence. I will probably delete them several times per day, mostly without even looking at them ('cept for "screams" of course).

Have at it...
    it works ! I do a good scream but I will save it

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast