Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1665Likes

Thread: AVF's Future ( or how NOT to celebrate a 5th Year Mod Anniversary )

AVF Regular

Vintage but seemed appropriate

Bought time a mod got here and fixed me link. LOL
    Last edited by mallee00; 27-12-17 at 09:17 PM. Reason: fixed link ;)
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    Welp - I have always loved AVF for its relative neutrality - and as most know there are some already set up vaping forums I have previously demanded to be banned from bc i find them stifling and not neutral

Truthfully I have no intention of fixing that now or in the future bc it suits me.... so may not in good consciousness be able to follow to some other already established forums -

If you start again fresh or stay - am happy to continue with the random crap and news that I post if you want me to cause that is the least I can do for everything that AVF has done for me over the past few years

FM, GT and even giruvain (sorry still cant get used to calling you ingrid) - Whether I have spoken directly to you alot over the years or not - Just know you have done a stellar job as mods and as just people trying to run the joint and I am sure that I am not alone in saying that especially for some of us long termers- whether you are aware or not - you have contributed something positive to our real lives too

Which ever road you three take - I will respect that - Hopefully Jato fixes this one - but if not - thankyou for your honesty and heads up

D.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post

Bought time a mod got here and fixed me link. LOL
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

Super Moderator
    The appropriate response there GT, is "bite me"

Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    The appropriate response there GT, is "bite me"

I didn't have the appropriate animated gif ...

Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    Well stated Mod Squad!

I thought the Hollies said it well "All I need is the air that I breathe"
    No more.....coff....splutter...lung oyster for me now thanks to AVF peeps. I honestly love youse! Sorry Style, ONJ still hasn't been able to stop loving you too and refused the clip.
    If you don't have a destination, buy a houseboat, you can't get lost and you are always at home.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    sorry

FM, GT, and Ingy obviously put real effort into getting this right. Then we all gave crappy "Whatever, all good" responses.

- Thirdly, if nothing can be resolved about existing and future AVF problems (after a LOT of navel staring and discussion ) then we might be prepared to start a whole new community , where as moderators we have actual input into forum admin and can make the necessary changes if/when required. We would envision it as having someone in an technical admin role for the forums sake, but have NO direction nor influence on the membership . However understandably our passion for this has taken a hammering recently and to be honest I am not sure of the viability long term of that as an exercise In part that would rely more on community support to rekindle those passions.
    This would be next best to jato giving greater powers to an additional admin.

Just make sure techy has no strong hang ups, not too in favour nor against anything or anyone.

But I think we have a bunch of technically capable types, and a bunch more who think they are.

AVF being AVF, I'd wager we also have compotent recruiters that have worked in HR and conducted interviews etc
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Gosh so much to take in but a long time coming me thinks.
    AVF & you three have been awesome accepting me as a regular/mod of another forum and I love you for it.
    I have made friends here and received so much help - and have tried to give back a little....
    If you create somewhere new I will be there too and thinking it could be the best thing, we know the member list also includes all the spammers etc - it would be cool to start fresh without them.
    The ECF thing of being a supporting member is a good idea and I was happy to sign up - I would do the same for a new AVf and also for my loved Cafe if the option was there - it seems both Aussie forums are in a spot of bother and we need to save at least one of them somehow.

Ps, How the phark does one clear caches? I am still getting the pop ups!
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Gosh so much to take in but a long time coming me thinks.
    AVF & you three have been awesome accepting me as a regular/mod of another forum and I love you for it.
    I have made friends here and received so much help - and have tried to give back a little....
    If you create somewhere new I will be there too and thinking it could be the best thing, we know the member list also includes all the spammers etc - it would be cool to start fresh without them.
    The ECF thing of being a supporting member is a good idea and I was happy to sign up - I would do the same for a new AVf and also for my loved Cafe if the option was there - it seems both Aussie forums are in a spot of bother and we need to save at least one of them somehow.

Ps, How the phark does one clear caches? I am still getting the pop ups!

generally leave [untick] the other options like cookies, so you don't get logged out of everything or lose browsing history etc

it'll speed your computer up, if it has been a while
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Hey Fatman, Ingrid and GT,
    I would hate to see AVF disappear, and Iím very sorry that your volunteer roles have caused so much grief. I would follow your lead in whatever structure the future ďAVFĒ may take.

With the price of smokes taking such a hike, I find a lot of people asking me about vaping. I can show them, but I find the easiest thing to do is refer people to the Newbie forum here on AVF - for all of the answers and a safe place to ask questions - it would be terrible to lose this resource.

I guess you three have collectively been beating out your brains as to why there are so many spammers and bots. Judging by my complete inability to unsubscribe from the email spam of a couple of our international vendors, that might be one starting point. (Meaning that I unsub and it seems to be completely useless, they just keep coming!).

Also, I used to run a Mac OSX, I now only use an iPad with IOS - have installed an ad blocker. Iíve never had an issue with the pop up stuff.

Anyway, I completely understand that it must be very frustrating that you donít have sufficient access to completely secure the website, which Iím guessing is the problem.

Thank you all for your dedication and time, youíre all very generous, cheers FX

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast