Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Like Tree2365Likes

Thread: AVF's Future ( or how NOT to celebrate a 5th Year Mod Anniversary )

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SES56 View Post
    Emu created that forum as an emergency thinking that Avf was shut down if you view that forum in the banner you will see that it is titled Avf Emergency Forum. All were advised that Avf is back. Bugs and all.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    * Oh god I really try to stay away from the personal when dealing with stuff like this but you force my hand ...

You still dont take ownership of the fact you ASSUMED something and went Chicken Little to every vaping forum on the planet despite being 100% wrong in your ASSUMPTIONS? ... the fact is We WANT this place fixed , if it isn't going to be THEN lets look at options , you seem to like going from A straight to Z and proclaiming your suspicions to be gospel... yeah AVF has its dramas regarding pop ups and stuff... as much as can be done by those here HAS been done ... we are trying to sort shyte out , but it seems that you take delight in pointing out the shortcomings we KNOW are here all over the place for whatever reason you have .

And still its deflect rather than even a "oops I effed up "

Drops Mic !
    giruvian, Rose, laurie9300 and 3 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SES56 View Post
    Reading FM posts about problems with the admin fixing the problems it was thought the admin got browned off and pulled the plug. If the admin was to busy or have other issues at least delegate the power to correct forum software etc to trusted moderators.

You took a bit of a quantam leap on that.

I am sure a message or forum announcement would have been made if that was the case.
    giruvian and stylemessiah like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Sidles back in uneasily and scrapes mic off floor ....

I mean I could have worn it , Had you opened with " oops seems AVF is having troubles ... Data base is down : .. but instead you set about publishing an obituary for the joint and tossing links to places

( drops mic again lol )
    giruvian, gtadmin, Rose and 3 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    CMB, fabricator4 and stylemessiah like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    A common garden variety database error:

stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Maybe part of the problem here with people announcing forums and AVF take over plans today (and there has been more than one misunderstanding here on other forums- not just the over zealous person from emus forum ) is that when AVF went down and in light of all of the uncertainty-

There was no way of people being updated or to be told that AVF was down bc of some error and would be back up soon

Those of us who just visit or post and who are not behind the scenes only know what we are told - hell during time down we didnt even know if it was Jato fixing things or if he was leaving things as they are

Noone told us anything - not on facebook or twitter or anywhere else

Happy to be patient - but with no information and with all the uncertainty - its no wonder some go all henny penny all over the place

Fabs email thing is nice and all - but perhaps there is a facebook or twitter or some other noticeboard place that people can go to just to check for themselves that the sky is not falling

If the mods dont want to do this maybe they can trust someone to do it for them - someone who is here regularly but can contact the mods directly through personal email and put up a notice on their behalf ?

Just an idea - but I dont think that things got blown out of proportion on emus and other forums for no reason - the way they went about things might have been screwy but in light of this thread among other things - its probably not surprising
    laurie9300, emu and SES56 like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Maybe part of the problem here with people announcing forums and AVF take over plans today (and there has been more than one misunderstanding here on other forums- not just the over zealous person from emus forum ) is that when AVF went down and in light of all of the uncertainty-

There was no way of people being updated or to be told that AVF was down bc of some error and would be back up soon

Those of us who just visit or post and who are not behind the scenes only know what we are told - hell during time down we didnt even know if it was Jato fixing things or if he was leaving things as they are

Noone told us anything - not on facebook or twitter or anywhere else

Happy to be patient - but with no information and with all the uncertainty - its no wonder some go all henny penny all over the place

Fabs email thing is nice and all - but perhaps there is a facebook or twitter or some other noticeboard place that people can go to just to check for themselves that the sky is not falling

If the mods dont want to do this maybe they can trust someone to do it for them - someone who is here regularly but can contact the mods directly through personal email and put up a notice on their behalf ?

Just an idea - but I dont think that things got blown out of proportion on emus and other forums for no reason - the way they went about things might have been screwy but in light of this thread among other things - its probably not surprising
    As usual reb makes the most sense I nominate her.

emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Rofl - nope!

Quote Originally Posted by ses56 View Post
    as usual reb makes the most sense i nominate her.

Sent from my sm-g900i using tapatalk
    SES56 likes this.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Rofl - nope!
    Awww you the most sensible one here

AVF Regular
    *Plays the manana song again...
    Fatman, Rose, emu and 1 others like this.

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast