Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree2365Likes

Thread: AVF's Future ( or how NOT to celebrate a 5th Year Mod Anniversary )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    maybe it does - Who knows

The second part just f*cking confuses me tho - as opposed to how exactly regarding the coddling? Currently we have a forum in which you cant bring up the past even if it informs the now just in case cause you may get accused of bullying and axes to grind - fu** any truth or questions those things might hurt someone or their cause (not just one group here I am talking about like the one at the forefront holding hands with the CC saying isnt it wonderful in tasmania you can get nic with a script (traitors)- there are vendor groups who are currently vying for monoply and killing of DIY and others with more nefarious bigger aims in a bus who are atm trying to take advantage of some vapers desperation to get things legal ) Watch your step and be careful what you say - for the greater f*cking good who ever the f*ck they are

Information now divided between what is deemed acceptable and non acceptable and debates pushed behind closed doors because someone might not like it - or it might annoy someone or heaven help us someone might ask a bloody question ... or worse still ask why

So called scholarly articles in one area and media in the other- CMB what the f*ck is with that? and what a load of sh*t ... half of the shit I read and post is just that whether it went through some bogus academic rigor (which is often a joke) or not - and what media article about THR is not political? and the closed doors - careful dear your ankles are showing

Likewise for the the NSFW threads - they may offend outsiders - WTF? Alot of people started on AVF just lurking on the NSFW threads and casual threads - I should know-

You know the reason that AVF has always been ahead of others despite alot of its dramas?

Its because it has been entertaining, its been honest, its rules despite and bc of having fewer has allowed for free opinion and speech and a wide variety of people - not just the prissy ones - and its openness has allowed people to lurk without signing up - or to shop without signing up (even the bloody Chinese vendors had their place) That niggling doubt or question is not treated with a shut up and be one of us or honey please dont talk about that we dont like it

There is a forum for that sort of polite thing in a very similar format with its closed doors and cups of polite tea and coffee watching their Ps and Qs and watching others masturbate over the same old content

I am maybe not that clever but i dont get why its being replicated

What next a UKV 24 hour lock out just in case of spam while whining the forums are quiet for new vapers?

Sick of being coddled my fat furry *ss- please mummy let me into the thread - I promise I will be good and not say or do anything anyone does not like

I adore you CMB - I also adore FM, GT, G and everyone else and I have enjoyed spending one or two hours and sometimes more a day for the last couple or more years finding stuff to post and chatting to people I might never had the privilege to talk to or laugh with along the way - but I cant anymore

If what we currently have is peoples idea of not being coddled - if it is their idea of what freedom and forums look like - I respect it but I cant be a part of it

Out of respect for the mods who have spent their years doing this - I dont really want to undermine them either so dont really want to update or post on this forum (which btw is now being called the "other forum"...)

Funny -

I signed up for ECF .. and they are nice enough but dont think I will stay - I did yoink out some of their pics and vids for no reason - mostly out of habit - but I think its time for me to find a new hobby and let the ones who dont want to be coddled but need a tonne of rules to protect themselves them at it - let someone else spend their hours at night regardless of circumstances updating stuff and trying to find interesting tidbits from all over the place for a wide range of people to help people want to come back

I dont fit in this brave new world of not coddling and I am really not prepared to even inadvertently do other peoples stuff (particularly self proclaimed top down unanswerable secretive groups) for them - I continued to post on AVF simply cause I loved AVF, the people in it and the way it allowed me to be myself - warts and all

maybe now I will learn something like how to not kill my plants in clay soil or something - but I just dont understand it - and not sure i ever will

Lol sorry about the essay/ rant - heres one of the random things I yoinked to make up for it

Thanks for all the news Rebel! Outfknstanding effort!!!

I was going to join the new forum, four/fifths, to be able to access your posts. I will join soon enough but damn, sorry to hear that you will be giving it a miss. Onward and upward in whatever you do or wherever you end up.

Cheers
    Gresh.

P.s. I will be in touch via PM or Email. I still have your deets!!! Edit: Can you PM if deets have changed?
    Last edited by Gresh11; 07-02-18 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Deets
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Jolly good work, without this forum there would most likely be fewer vapers and more smokers in this world.
    disley and Tara like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    So I go away for a bit and it all goes downhill ,,,, ( just kidding) I haven't posted for a bit but just popped in to say an honest "thank you" to you mods, I know the hard slog you poor sods put in and from the more "ratbag" element we appreciate it.

Now,,,,, I'm off to steal some hubcaps,,,,, peace out mah brotharssss,,,,
    floorzone2, CMB, BrianS and 2 others like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    A pic tells a thousand words 1ynne.
    Easily forgotten is the work that Jato has put in over the time for AVF to hit the heights that it has for so, so many of us. Then the selfish and disrespectful show their true colours trivialising it.
    1ynne likes this.
    Cigarettes: One of the few things known that will kill you if used "as directed".

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Where jato is concerned -I hate to sound cold on this and his work has been appreciated

but what ever -

if things are that hard up (and they seem to have been for years now) - he knows there are people he can hand the keys over to look after AVF while still keeping it his domain - If not the mods - then others, perhaps some who have been there with AVF since the beginning? -

I would be more interested in why he dont trust no bastard to hold AVF in his name

I think it is this question above all others that has alot of us scratching our heads

as to the rest ...

Bites on tongue hard enough to bleed trying to refrain from comments about ooohhh soooo verry verry much regarding mummy can we have more rules please we miss our home forum that wasnt AVF please mummy the newbies they are delicate and might break ....Please help us save them!

See I can be good at refraining from stuff - self control is key
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 17-02-18 at 12:37 PM.
    LNB and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    See I can be good at refraining from stuff - self control is key
    I must be missing that key on my keyboard...where is it located?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs308hjute View Post
    I must be missing that key on my keyboard...where is it located?
    It's near the "Any" key. "Press 'any' key to continue''
    Cigarettes: One of the few things known that will kill you if used "as directed".

AVF Regular

simultaneously hold down Control and Alt and Delete keys works a treat !

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Ctrl, Alt and F11 frees up your computer time no end. Not recommended. Unless you have a beef with your pooter.

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast