Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Haha WTF?! What's up with the ad situation?

AVF Regular
    Denial is not just a river !

Accurate description Krit

what I dont get is the ... its OK .. whats the problem... posts

there IS a problem.. no its not the Mods fault.. yes, they are trying to solve it.. and you can read the post from a month ago acknowledging that and .. a lil bit more !

but why try and shut down people who are stating the facts... pure and simple

history ? bad mood ? who knows !

the site is stuffed full of irritating possible click bait traps for people who are new to vaping wanting get off the fags..

now I will just STFU as Dogman tells people who even mention site problems !
    DocM and Danny76 like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    You can't be serious. This place should be clean.........I can go to a number of other forums with no problems but if I come here on my phone without logging in I get pop ups.
    You're right, it should be clean, free of any form of pop up that the site owner doesn't wish to glean income from and is in line with the spirit and subject of the forum, whatever that might be.

And free of any malware possibility too.

I seem to manage about one post a week here, down from a couple a day because this forum, as great as it should be, is very much 'dead' due to how off-putting it is to new folks coming along who might get assaulted by all manner of web-based nasties that should not be hitting them from a place such as this. Forums thrive when old members banter as they will, new folks come along and are welcomed to join into that banter, and over time the 'new' become the old adding to the banter, supplanting those who don't regularly participate and welcoming in the crop of new folks.

I don't get pop ups, and I don't get ads. I've run blocking doohickeys for longer than most folks have been using interwebs. But a lot of folks don't do that and they shouldn't have to if they're looking here.

If it were me, I'd dust off and nuke the site from orbit. Only way to be sure...

(Yes, it's time to cut this loose and start again. Better to risk losing the old stuff (much of which is, let's be honest, outdated) than keep going with it and hoping the clown with the keys decides to do what should have been done well before now.)

Stu.
    DocM, Hp88, AllyP and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    i think FM said jato is overseas and mostly unreachable
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    On phone when I clean history it deletes cookie and click bait drives me crazy

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    On phone when I clean history it deletes cookie and click bait drives me crazy
    On phone use tapatalk no pop ups or such.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Sublime and Lionhead like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    i think FM said jato is overseas and mostly unreliable
    Fixed ......
    DogMan, DocM, Danny76 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    AVF's Future ( or how NOT to celebrate a 5th Year Mod Anniversary )

that too chris lol

ETA link to specific post, not just thread
    CMB and DocM like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I guess with most old photos now unviewible due to the demise or extortion of some photo sharing apps, its one less thing to lose if a new forum eventuates.
    DogMan, DocM and Danny76 like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    i think FM said jato is overseas and mostly unreachable
    Sorry, that's horsechit.

"Overseas" no longer = "out of contact". I've got emails from more countries and territories than I have not, from travellers and residents for these places including a couple from a place that does not actually have 'residents' in it, but danged if I didn't get email and send some stuff there via a drop box in NZ.

Had a friend visit here, calling and whatnot on his phone which worked from Melbourne, all through Japan, UAE and then through most of Europe and the UK. Yes, he was paying for it, but having him drinking coffee and conducting business on the other side of the planet like it was no big thing drove home how connected everything really is now. He's not at all 'tech savvy', only smart enough to ask his phone company to let his phone work when he's travelling.

Arranging for a forum to be set up (i.e; having some semblance of IT intelligence) and then being 'out of contact'? Unless that's something you wish to be true. Which, with all the bad vibes being sent in his direction I could completely understand.

Time for a new home boys and girls. Maybe that's something that some can't quite come to terms with, but it's about the only valid and workable option we have left.

Stu.
    DocM, Hp88 and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    wow never realised how bad the spam ads were

Just opened the site in firefox which has no ad blocker on it and had 18 ads popup in 1 minute
    Danny76 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast