Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: This website vulnerabilities and approx 95% use of CPU resources.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzm View Post
    Malware found on javascript file: h t t p://forums.aussievapers.com/clientscript/yui/yuiloader-dom-event/yuiloader-dom-event.js?v=424 [malware.generic_jsobfuscator?1.2]
    Malware found on javascript file: h t t p://forums.aussievapers.com/clientscript/vbulletin-core.js?v=424 [malware.generic_jsobfuscator?1.2]
    Malware found on javascript file: h t t p://forums.aussievapers.com/clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js?v=424 [malware.generic_jsobfuscator?1.2]
    i came here to report the exact same. i'd seen the popups for a while, but today decided to go through the home page and find out where it was coming from.
    i can concur with the above results.

vbulletin has suffered from many security issues. mix this in with hosting security issues and you have a raging disaster.

i decided to visit today because i was reading one of Troy Hunt's articles and aussievapers was one of the mentioned sites from a series of mass vbulletin breaches. this was in 2017.
    https://www.troyhunt.com/i-just-adde...-i-been-pwned/

https://news.softpedia.com/news/vbul...s-513416.shtml

the whole concept of vbulletin and other packages being left to rot and not being maintained is all too common
    https://www.troyhunt.com/self-hosted...ting-services/

i don't think Jay has the time to patch and maintain this site. I'm not having a go at him - I think he's done a good job to date, but this site and its hosting needs some love.

cheers, wizdude.

AVF Regular
    in before pms - the guys that set up vapercafe and nna au are also helping fatman and others with this forum (in fact its mostly them posting) Its not as busy or as interesting as this was .. but it is what it is

Home | vaping in australia

This is a dead forum no guarantee of politeness or an answer

good luck
    DocM, stylemessiah and gurishka like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Rebel, check you email. Well the last known email I have for you anyway. Ill send you a PM

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    in before pms - the guys that set up vapercafe and nna au are also helping fatman and others with this forum (in fact its mostly them posting) Its not as busy or as interesting as this was .. but it is what it is

Home | vaping in australia

This is a dead forum no guarantee of politeness or an answer

good luck

Over the road seems to have increased the 'unregistered charity state/gofundme' mode of operation in recent months. Pathetic really. Blah, swap & sell going by the "Recent posts" page.
    I suppose being "Spoon fed" is the new way of making some cash. Especially wonderful place for getting 'bailed out' numerous times by a few with self promoting agenda over the years or via (sic) social media appeals. But, it also shows that generosity of good people with good intentions getting 'had'. Those $ raised could have gone to a worthwhile cause akin to drought relief, medical research, vape advocacy etc. Instead of some seagull with a twisted set of priorities and abundant irresponsible self interest. We prolly have all met the type with a fridge fulla piss, behind on the rent and foodstocks.
    Short arms and deep pockets.
    Last edited by DocM; 15-03-19 at 08:46 AM.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post

Over the road seems to have increased the 'unregistered charity state/gofundme' mode of operation in recent months. Pathetic really. Blah, swap & sell going by the "Recent posts" page.
    I suppose being "Spoon fed" is the new way of making some cash. Especially wonderful place for getting 'bailed out' numerous times by a few with self promoting agenda over the years or via (sic) social media appeals. But, it also shows that generosity of good people with good intentions getting 'had'. Those $ raised could have gone to a worthwhile cause akin to drought relief, medical research, vape advocacy etc. Instead of some seagull with a twisted set of priorities and abundant irresponsible self interest. We prolly have all met the type with a fridge fulla piss, behind on the rent and foodstocks.
    Short arms and deep pockets.
    I think youre referencing vapercafe, not VIA, right?

Prolly not the bestus thing to tag a post with VIA in it when referring to vapercafe

Perhaps you could edit your post to reflect this cheers Doc?
    DocM likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    I think youre referencing vapercafe, not VIA, right?

Prolly not the bestus thing to tag a post with VIA in it when referring to vapercafe

Perhaps you could edit your post to reflect this cheers Doc?
    If I was of a mind to 'tag it' Style, I would have done the @via or, @vca bizzo. Nice to see you back here!
    Last edited by DocM; 08-04-19 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Explainage
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    I knew that vindication would not be far off.
    I feel for those that have a hard enough time with finances not stretching far enough, on welfare/social security donating moolah into a 'raffle'.
    Amazed at the hide of buying vapegear in under a month from being bailed out.
    The tag. For Sale, Tmodcustoms dually | vaping in australia
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    Oh DocM. lol.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    Oh DocM. lol.
    Perhaps the 'Funnies' thread be more appropriate Gurishka?
    gurishka likes this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    You should see the state of social media pages where they're selling their gear 30 minutes after they've bought it. People are flipping gear at inflated rates.
    DocM likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast