Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: please help package on hold

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica

Question please help package on hold

hi i have tryed to contact you through the website to sort out a problem with my order its on hold because of a dhl rural surcharge that has never affected me before so i would like to change my order to ems shipping thanks my order no: is #131906

THANKS DAWZZY
    GirlyPantz and Mushman like this.
    funny gifs

AVF Regular
    Hey dawzzy Who informed you it was on hold because of DHL rural surcharge. Is it still with HC ?
    What does rural surcharge mean? Is it because you are not near a capital city ???

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Hey dawzzy Who informed you it was on hold because of DHL rural surcharge. Is it still with HC ?
    What does rural surcharge mean? Is it because you are not near a capital city ???
    hi margy health cabin sent me a email saying my order was on hold because or a rural surcharge(apparently im in the middle of nowhere) and if i wanted dhl to still send it, it would cost another $30 witch is a bit rich i think.
    i have had many orders to this address from dhl with out any problem before

email from hc

hi,

Sorry to inform you that dhl clarify this location as remote area,since dhl cannot deliver the goods to your place directly,so they will use another local courier,which needs extra postage.If you insist on dhl,then please send extra usd 30 to our paypal account:

webmaster@healthcabin.net

After you send money,please let us know the transaction id.

you can check the remote area from this site:

http://raslist.dhl.com/jsp/first.jsp

of course,if you are not willing to pay extra,then

we have to send this order by ems intead.

sorry for the inconvenience!

Looking forward to your reply!
    Last edited by DAWZZY; 18-03-13 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added email
    GirlyPantz, Mushman and margyb like this.
    funny gifs

AVF Regular
    Thanks Dawzzy I have only had one order DHL from HC but I spose it came through cause I am close to Hobart

I havent bought anything from HC for a while cause they are always out of stardusts
    DAWZZY likes this.

last updated 2013, perhaps they have added a lot more of australia.
    just another dhl rort by the sound if it.
    GirlyPantz, Mushman and DAWZZY like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    I had some stuff DHL'ed to St Helens once and it was never an issue..!
    DAWZZY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWZZY View Post
    hi margy health cabin sent me a email saying my order was on hold because or a rural surcharge(apparently im in the middle of nowhere) and if i wanted dhl to still send it, it would cost another $30 witch is a bit rich i think.
    i have had many orders to this address from dhl with out any problem before

email from hc

hi,

Sorry to inform you that dhl clarify this location as remote area,since dhl cannot deliver the goods to your place directly,so they will use another local courier,which needs extra postage.If you insist on dhl,then please send extra usd 30 to our paypal account:

webmaster@healthcabin.net

After you send money,please let us know the transaction id.

you can check the remote area from this site:

RARG Search For Remote Area

of course,if you are not willing to pay extra,then

we have to send this order by ems intead.

sorry for the inconvenience!

Looking forward to your reply!
    Nice surprise after a transaction hey?

Got caught with that late last year when we were informed to go DHL as EMS was taking a month...it used to take less than 5 days.

Some are reporting that EMS is faster now, but it has left a bitter taste in my mouth considering I was stocking up to save $$ over Xmas.
    Spent around $50 and would have cost the same in shipping so I canned it.

This was after waiting a month via EMS the order before that in which time I had to also make 2 domestic orders before it arrived so didn;t really save jack....in fact it put us behind.
    Last edited by Mushman; 18-03-13 at 02:25 PM.
    DAWZZY likes this.

I had that same thing, but told them no, im not in a rural area, Ive had DHL shipping before, they didnt charge me any extra and left it as DHL

When I used the website that you can check on DHLs site, that HC provide, I got this response "The location you have selected is not a remote area or is not a valid selection." and told them that also
    Last edited by ballza; 18-03-13 at 02:29 PM.
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

AVF Regular
    I've just got hit with this as well. Foolishly I paid the surcharge as some things I'd read led me to believe dhl was the best shipping choice and I wanted it in a hurry. I'm not impressed now as the shipment arrived in au on friday and is apparantly still sitting in Brisbane (being 'manifested') and was handed onto the regional courier (auspost eparcel) on saturday. The $30 rural charge is higher than the original shipping was and even eparcel platinum express is only around $20. I'm beginning to assume it's not being sent express domestically so it will be interested in seeing what it was whenever it finally turns up. On the whole I'll be definately looking at other options in future.
    GirlyPantz and Mushman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    I had that same thing, but told them no, im not in a rural area, Ive had DHL shipping before, they didnt charge me any extra and left it as DHL

When I used the website that you can check on DHLs site, that HC provide, I got this response "The location you have selected is not a remote area or is not a valid selection." and told them that also
    Me too mate, it's things like this that stop people from returning.

Anyhow, I get my nic from RTS and everything else local and will be keeping it that way.

Friggin $30....I'd ride a pushy from the P.O. that's a 10min walk from my house to earn 10 bucks of that per parcel to deliver stuff.I mean we live in a small town FFS.
    GirlyPantz, DAWZZY and ballza like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast