DHL battery shipping ban

I noticed all HealthCabin's ecig kits now show the warning:

All batteries or products including batteries, such as PCC and kits are not allowed to be shipped via DHL from now temporarily. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on it. Once DHL shipping is ok, we will remove the warning here.
    Is this affecting all vendors who use DHL - or is just HealthCabin affected?

AVF Regular
    I'd assume it would be all Chinese suppliers. The question is, why?

Every other company is fine.. Don't know why HC has done this.

The only thing the box now needs is a sticker saying that lithium ion batteries are inside the box. The new catagory for us is catagory 2 as per listed by DHL regulations.
    EMS is still fine aswell.

I'm really seeing healthcabins standard falling dramtically. No stock, New bans on DHL and Lithium Ion batteries when DHL hasn't banned them.

http://www.dhl.com.au/content/dam/do...egulations.pdf

I'm thinking that they don't understand the new regulations but wouldn't you call DHL first before banning them? lol

If you're then having issues with DHL then give a FedEX option.

I can ASSURE people that all other chinese manufacturers are still shipping via DHL.

packages now have to look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Looks like HC may be complying with new regulations as my last parcel contained 3 batteries and had this label on it

please help package on hold
    Last edited by neofelis; 30-03-13 at 05:30 PM.

xen
    I recently had to return an ego Twist to a vendor in the post, and one of the harpies at our local post office insisted that I couldn't send it via any air mail option, as it would *explode*.

Since I had just received the kit via express post a few days earlier, I figured it was just the nasty old dear exercising what sad authority she had at her disposal.

Yeah don't tell them whats inside it.

I was just speaking to a few suppliers about this. Things like Ego batteries and Ego-T batteries etc can make it through. Normal cells such as 18650 batteries etc get detected. Obviously they dont know what some of our ecigs are They know what a normal battery is though.
    Last edited by neofelis; 30-03-13 at 05:47 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by xen View Post
    I recently had to return an ego Twist to a vendor in the post, and one of the harpies at our local post office insisted that I couldn't send it via any air mail option, as it would *explode*.

Since I had just received the kit via express post a few days earlier, I figured it was just the nasty old dear exercising what sad authority she had at her disposal.
    AP new regulations state that all Li-Ion batts must be transported by road/surface mail. The Nasty old dear was just doing her job.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

USPS actaully lifted there ban - they had the same ban as AP. AP should remove theirs.

For instance, AP won't cover you insurence wise if you send a mobile phone or anything electrical as they can't prove it worked in the first place.
    They also won't ship it via plane.

Some of the rules really grind my gears.

I'm all for a governmental shipping department. Late last year I was going to go for a job at Australia Post - Jumped through there 1001 hoops to get finalised into the final interview. They were paying $48,000+ Super for sitting on a chair working in a call centre......... Thats insane money for a call centre job. Consumers are paying for every cent of that. Imagine how much you'd get if you actaully did work not just sat on solitaire all day.
    Stupid me didn't realise the job was 2 hours away though till the last minute.
    Last edited by neofelis; 31-03-13 at 01:27 AM.