Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mushman
  • 1 Post By Mushman
  • 1 Post By pippo

Thread: Vision Eternity coils

AVF Regular

Vision Eternity coils

Just wondering when the vision eternity coils will become available again?

Thanks Neil.

Hey Neil, just grab some 2mm Silica and some Nichrome or Kanthal wire and make your own mate.

Check YT for tutorials, plenty there bud
    lheamfrg likes this.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    I'm thinking of making my own. I reckon the ones I ordered have wicks that are too short and don't quite reach into the little well. Dry hits all the time, and burnt coils.

Have you had that problem pippo?

Never had a dry hit Jen.

Silica is dirt cheap from VK,ECMS,maybe other Vendors and online places like ebay, as is Nichrome or Kanthal.

I just get it locally, cut it over length and wrap my own...around 3 glowing coils for the Nichrome ECMS stocks(1 up 3 across 1 down) and end up with 1.8-2.4 max depending if I use 2mm or 3mm...it really easy.Then cut the Silica to length and pulse it dry on an ego twist batt on the lowest setting to make sure the coils glow evenly,adjust the coils with a needle or toothpick if needed. Then drip a little juice on the wick so it's soaked, pulse a few more times as I increase the voltage and burn off any wire smell.
    Stick the covers over and drip around 20 drops in and check the resistance on a Vamo.

If it's overfilled and gurgles, just be sure to remove the atty, blow through and dry the contact pin on the battery.

Should fire up nicely on a mech mod or 3.7V device or around 3.8-4V or 3-5 W depending on the VV/VW Mod.

AVF Regular
    That's all way too advanced for me Mushman. Haven't even figured out the whole ohms thing yet. And I only have an ego twist.

Maybe I'll get there one day, but with this kind of electrical shit I'm a pretty slow learner.

It's fiddly only because it's small, but a great little unit to learn with...scored another from llamabreath and tokin now

Easier to wrap with a magnifier/helping hand IMHO.

I watched this before buying the first one and he does a good job at explaining how to do it, just as I said I use the alligator clips on the Helping hand to hold the Silica. Gives me 2 hands to wrap it neatly.

If you have a Vamo or similar, then you screw it onto the unit to check the resistance and unwind or add more winds to suit.Just go for the resistance you would chose for whatever you normally buy for a Clearo or whatever....it's just practice
    JenJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I'm thinking of making my own. I reckon the ones I ordered have wicks that are too short and don't quite reach into the little well. Dry hits all the time, and burnt coils.

Have you had that problem pippo?
    Never had a problem with the coils that came with the kit Jen. My problem now is that the supplied are just about exhausted and I am concerned about my ability to build more (not helped by numbness in finger tips probably a result of a long love affair with analoges). Anyway if all else fails I can approach E.ciglife. Thanks iheam for the pointer.
    JenJ likes this.