Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Curious

Can you please enlighten me as to why, if the Australian Dollar is at parity, you are charging more for items in AUD on your site than the listings in USD?
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    ***boycott ***

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Can you please enlighten me as to why, if the Australian Dollar is at parity, you are charging more for items in AUD on your site than the listings in USD?
    Thank you for your asking here.

I am sorry that prices in AUD are more expensive than their prices in USD, because Paypal charges us a fee to exchange payment in AUD into USD.

over here we can get payment only in USD to our bank account. we have to exchange all payment in AUD or other currencies into USD first before we get them out of paypal.

we do suggest all buyers to pay their orders in USD.

we appreciate your understanding.
    www.healthcabin.net

AVF Regular
    I'm afraid that at 8% extra (I only checked one item), you're charging much more than PayPal costs.

With the Aussie dollar usually above parity by several percent (not today), that alone would cover the cost.

AVF Regular
    Easy enough to fix just keep the currency in USD as it does work out cheaper as you have pointed out. I have always found them to be a responsive and good quality supplier, but never order in AUD as its has always been more expensive to do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Easy enough to fix just keep the currency in USD as it does work out cheaper as you have pointed out. I have always found them to be a responsive and good quality supplier, but never order in AUD as its has always been more expensive to do it that way.
    +1
    I too have noticed the ridiculously large conversion on sites between AUD and USD so I just leave it as USD and order that way. Simplest thing as Mick pointed out.

Go to a money exchange in an airport and you'll be hit w a 7% fee. They are only being reasonable.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    Go to a money exchange in an airport and you'll be hit w a 7% fee. They are only being reasonable.
    An airport is about the worst place in the world to exchange money.

PayPal charge 2.5% above the official exchange rate... so through most of this year anyone receiving Aussie dollars over US would have been making a profit on the difference.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    I've bought from them myself Mick and have no complaints. As the title said I was just curious. This is, after all, a forum.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    yeah Ive recieved a few orders from them so far well packed and in a timley manner , Health Cabin is a very good supplier indeed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast