Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Left stranded, CE3 Smokymizer Destroyed Both my eGo-T, furious

This is how it goes,

vaping outside the club on the door, i notice that my matte black 1000mah ego is smoking, the button is non reactive and its continuously running my smokymizer that i had just bought. Having seen what happens to faulty ego's i threw it across the road. Doesnt blow up after an hour so i get it, i put the ce3 on again and it starts smoking, wtf!!
    Took it off strait away, luckily i had 3 prefilled ce3 so i put a difrent one into my other ego 1000mah and smoke that, when it ran out i put in the ce3 that was on my black ego and my light starts to flash so i took it off and left it.
    a week later, im in my room now, getting ready to go to work, run out of juice so i put on the ce3 from last week to my ego. as soon as it touches the contact SMOKE comes out from the BUTTON switch and the ego starts to heat up just as my black one had last week. I took off the ce3, put on my liquinator and as soon as the liquinator touches the contact it fires, and its not firing at the normal voltage, its smoking hot vaper coming out.

Grrrr

These stupid CE3 smokymizers have KILLED both of my eGo's, somehow short circuiting them and now i have NOTHING left to vape with. I dont want to buy any cigarettes but it looks like its my only option. $50 worth of eGo units destroyed from these which I got from Health Cabin

I have a 14500 Siam Cube, lava tube and another ego in transit but they may not be arriving for a whole week.

Not Happy. Last time I EVER use a CE3 on ANY of my units. I know it was this particular CE3 because i have 5 all with individual drip tips. Both my egos short circuit when running the same carto is not coincidence
    Last edited by besure; 19-12-11 at 07:10 PM.

AVF Regular
    Very sorry to hear that
    where did you get the CE3's from?
    where did you get the ego's from?

Ce3 health cabin
    Egos genuine from JW
    I know it was the carto because the second it made contact with my second ego it started smoking from within the unit out of the switch!

AVF Regular
    maybe if you contacted health cabin they might reimburse you for the loss of your egos. After all it was their equipment that damaged your batteries. HC should take this seriously as there is a big risk it may happen to someone else and someone could get hurt. They should be notified of the hazard you experienced .IMO

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    maybe if you contacted health cabin they might reimburse you for the loss of your egos. After all it was their equipment that damaged your batteries. HC should take this seriously as there is a big risk it may happen to someone else and someone could get hurt. They should be notified of the hazard you experienced .IMO

This has me worried now because I screw around a lot with things. I found this on ECF that may explain things

The eGo circuit board (up by the switch) has over charge cut off, under voltage cutoff and short circuit protection built into it.

The integrated circuit chip that does all of this is highly integrated with several logic gates, voltage comparitors, oscillator, resistors and small signal transistors in it. This Magic chip also controls the PWM when you vape by sending a pulse train to a power Mosfet to control current to the atty center pin. Another mosfet turns on to allow charging current to reach the Li-ion cell. The primary failure mode for this type of circuitry, shorting of the power Mosfet, is caused by heat. When a Mosfet power switch is turned on it still has a small resistance, drops a little voltage, and heats up some. If the load is excessive, this self heating is increased. The semiconducting material inside the Mosfet 'melts' and loses it ability to control current. This may be a one time permanent failure, or a partial break down that appears to heal itself. But the capability of the Mosfet has been compromised and total failure is eminent. The failed Mosfet (shorted) may also cause secondary component failures with varying LED flashing results. Once current control is lost then solder joints can melt and the circuit redefined by melted solder bridging new connections. If there is enough current available the Mosfet may even melt to an OPEN condition. Is this a possible cause for a Li-ion cell going thermal? Maybe.

Things to be aware of:
    A bad connection with a atty/carto can create a situation much like a dirty volume control on an old stereo. A damaged center pin insulator either on the battery side or atty/carto can cause a light short that works sometimes, and shorts out at other times. The PWM circuit can not properly control current in this situation. Exercising the short circuit protection over and over is asking for a permanent failure.

Excessively heavy vaping, Very Low Resistance Cartos (even the 1.5 ohm ones have a range from 1.4 to 1.6 ohms), or long Dry Burns with a LR atty, are potentially damaging.

Pay close attention to the performance of both the battery unit and the charger. Any anomalous operation may indicate an impending failure.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...battery-9.html
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

I had a DCC destroy a Riva battery. I wont use them now.

RC

yes to all that, except usually a mosfet (99% +) will fail to a shorted condition, at least in my experience .. mpst of that is from TV repair days, these are usually spiked with much higher voltages than what they are made for, in audio amplifier work, the output mosfets can lose performance over years, very annoying and hard to track down. A full service for a pro amp involved changing the output devices even if they still worked, unknown with transistor designs.
    I guess that is what they are talking about anyway, as the open failure means that the ecig won't fire at all, failure of the gate oxide layer will also put battery volts back into the drive circuit and probably kill that if they have left out gate drive resistors, never looked.
    A power mosfet such as these used in ecigs is a large array of thousands of smaller mosfets internally and the gradual fail is caused by them starting to fail individually. I would be looking at the resistance of the CE3 .. if ok I would suspect the battery connection is not insulating properly when screwed down, causing the short described above.
    Never seen an ego start flashing till the button was pressed myself tho .. almost sounds like it was failing before the cart was screwed onto it.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    This Smokymizer,

Is it a clear tube type fitted onto a metal Base?? Reason I am asking is that I have noticed with the ones that I have played with, that you must always screw them up at the metal connection at the base. Avoid at all costs screwing them up with the plastic tube. Reason is that the tube will rotate and as the coil is fixed at the top, you will rotate the wires around the center post and damage or snap them. When this happens, the chance of a dead short is more than possible.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

PM sent , damn this 10 letter thing !

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    This is how it goes,

vaping outside the club on the door, i notice that my matte black 1000mah ego is smoking, the button is non reactive and its continuously running my smokymizer that i had just bought. Having seen what happens to faulty ego's i threw it across the road. Doesnt blow up after an hour so i get it, i put the ce3 on again and it starts smoking, wtf!!
    Took it off strait away, luckily i had 3 prefilled ce3 so i put a difrent one into my other ego 1000mah and smoke that, when it ran out i put in the ce3 that was on my black ego and my light starts to flash so i took it off and left it.
    a week later, im in my room now, getting ready to go to work, run out of juice so i put on the ce3 from last week to my ego. as soon as it touches the contact SMOKE comes out from the BUTTON switch and the ego starts to heat up just as my black one had last week. I took off the ce3, put on my liquinator and as soon as the liquinator touches the contact it fires, and its not firing at the normal voltage, its smoking hot vaper coming out.

Grrrr

These stupid CE3 smokymizers have KILLED both of my eGo's, somehow short circuiting them and now i have NOTHING left to vape with. I dont want to buy any cigarettes but it looks like its my only option. $50 worth of eGo units destroyed from these which I got from Health Cabin

I have a 14500 Siam Cube, lava tube and another ego in transit but they may not be arriving for a whole week.

Not Happy. Last time I EVER use a CE3 on ANY of my units. I know it was this particular CE3 because i have 5 all with individual drip tips. Both my egos short circuit when running the same carto is not coincidence
    We are very sorry to hear that. we are willing to send you free replacements for CE3. please use our help desk and submit a ticket. we will take good care of it asap.
    www.healthcabin.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast