Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Introducing the JF Gourmet Super Concentrates!

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Awesome. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. We're loving them!

Let me know if you do want me to do the drop count, I'll happily do it, I just don't recommend it as a reliable and consistent DIY method.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom@JuiceFactory View Post
    Awesome. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. We're loving them!

Let me know if you do want me to do the drop count, I'll happily do it, I just don't recommend it as a reliable and consistent DIY method.
    Guess you wouldn't want any of my recipes then. :P

I just list everything as x d\ml, usually for a 10ml batch and scale up as required.

I actually find it easier than trying to figure out the exact percentage if it's an odd number or something with a lot of elements.
    Tom@JuiceFactory likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Guess you wouldn't want any of my recipes then. :P

I just list everything as x d\ml, usually for a 10ml batch and scale up as required.

I actually find it easier than trying to figure out the exact percentage if it's an odd number or something with a lot of elements.
    When I actually get to the full recipe stage I will use true measurements but this is early days. I want to get the taste right first so small batches will give me a sense of how much of each one I will out in my final combo.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Doesn't mean I'm not interested in your recipes!

You 2 have me interested how many people are using drops. I think I'll have to post a poll soon.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Tom received my mint concentrates this morning. Fast shipping as always.

CMB has made me nervous about mixing. If I use the droppers in the bottles how many drops equal a mil. When you are working with concentrates this strong its easy to mess it up so I will count drops for my practice runs.

I got the extra breath freshener. Are you trying to tell me something. LOL

I get a kick out of the extras thks very much.
    Sorry, CC, didn't mean to make you nervous.

Keep in mind I have only tried 2 flavours and haven't let them steep yet, so was just my initial impressions. Also these were the gourmet super concentrates, not the other super concentrates

I'd just try a drop or two in 5ml and see how you go.

My order just arrived, yay!!! They smell awesome, can't wait to mix these up I'm gonna start with the creme brulee, as it smells delicious, and spot on to the dessert. Thanks again Tom for the fast shipping.

margyb, CMB and Tom@JuiceFactory like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    When I actually get to the full recipe stage I will use true measurements but this is early days. I want to get the taste right first so small batches will give me a sense of how much of each one I will out in my final combo.
    Part of it is I'm lazy and can barely bother being accurate when I'm measuring nic, let alone flavouring.

The other is I usually end up with a drop per ml rating after I've spent a couple weeks testing each flavour out on it's own. I put 2-3ml base in a bottle and add 2-3 drops, steep (a whole day at most ), take some notes, and then add another 2-3 drops, rinse repeat.

The other good thing, is you should hopefully end up with a pile of single flavour bottles at a concentration you're happy with. Then you can put a couple drops of different ones together in a dripper and start to get a 'very' rough idea of how they interact and what combinations have potential.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Sorry, CC, didn't mean to make you nervous.

Keep in mind I have only tried 2 flavours and haven't let them steep yet, so was just my initial impressions. Also these were the gourmet super concentrates, not the other super concentrates

I'd just try a drop or two in 5ml and see how you go.
    I was kidding about being nervous. I haven't had a play with super concentrates for a long time but remember vividly how single drops can make a huge difference.

I ended up using 4 drops in 10ml. They were gourmet super concentrates and I gave myself room in the bottle to dilute.
    CMB, Tom@JuiceFactory and spud like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    My order just arrived, yay!!! They smell awesome, can't wait to mix these up I'm gonna start with the creme brulee, as it smells delicious, and spot on to the dessert. Thanks again Tom for the fast shipping.

Woohoo Also, that's fantastic, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Part of it is I'm lazy and can barely bother being accurate when I'm measuring nic, let alone flavouring.

The other is I usually end up with a drop per ml rating after I've spent a couple weeks testing each flavour out on it's own. I put 2-3ml base in a bottle and add 2-3 drops, steep (a whole day at most ), take some notes, and then add another 2-3 drops, rinse repeat.

The other good thing, is you should hopefully end up with a pile of single flavour bottles at a concentration you're happy with. Then you can put a couple drops of different ones together in a dripper and start to get a 'very' rough idea of how they interact and what combinations have potential.
    Seems like a solid process. If it works, that's all that matters at the end of the day!

I was kidding about being nervous. I haven't had a play with super concentrates for a long time but remember vividly how single drops can make a huge difference.

I ended up using 4 drops in 10ml. They were gourmet super concentrates and I gave myself room in the bottle to dilute.
    A single drop will make a bigger difference on these ones lol.

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!
    Crisscross and spud like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    After letting the banana steep for 24 hours it has definitely chilled out a bit.

Trying a mix of 1% Tobacco and 1% Banana(Ripe)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast