Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: EPM VW-18490 and VW-18650 s/s mods and accessories

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Yes the short circuit issue has been fixed. I have yet to try it, but I am sure I will have a stupid moment when I try another RBA!!!
    I have fried 2 electronic mods by sticking shorting RBA's on them EG the Nutz mod. Both time the modders have fixed them free of charge but it put me off mods without sufficient protection as its only a matter of time before I would do it again as all I use is rebuildables. I spoke to Eric 6 months ago, and he was holding back on releasing these until he felt comfortable that this mod was rock solid. Seriously thinking about selling my provari mini to fund one of these
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    I have fried 2 electronic mods by sticking shorting RBA's on them EG the Nutz mod. Both time the modders have fixed them free of charge but it put me off mods without sufficient protection as its only a matter of time before I would do it again as all I use is rebuildables. I spoke to Eric 6 months ago, and he was holding back on releasing these until he felt comfortable that this mod was rock solid. Seriously thinking about selling my provari mini to fund one of these
    yeah they do look amazing my biggest concern was warrenty and how good the board is, looks preety rock solid and well built when you compere it with other mods on market its preety reasonable price up there with zen in costings

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    The boards have had a total upgrade making them rock solid, as there was no way i was going to release these out on the market until i was 100% sure the hardware and software was up to standard. John and i spent a lot of time getting this right.
    Mickg33, shipo, Robray and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Well I can resist no longer , I am in for a 18490 EPM

Its unaustralian not to own one
    Last edited by Mickg33; 27-04-13 at 01:48 PM.
    shipo, Robray, cruzmiguel and 2 others like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    thanks eric got my epm today.

Its solid, and with the construction and specs its not light, but I doubt there is any other mod on the market today that is Variable Wattage (up to 16 watts), packs 2 18490 batts, charges in 55 minutes, looks as good and is as small and compact as this, with a button that is a pleasure to use. First impressions are its a real winner I guess the only minor thing is it has a slightly raised atty connector to allow airflow for tank users, but which will leave a very small gap (1mm) that is not required for genny users, but many mods are the same. Looking forward to giving it a workout over the next few weeks, and overall very happy with it on first impressions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickg33; 30-04-13 at 03:04 PM.
    shipo, Robray, cruzmiguel and 1 others like this.

Sik
    I was a massive fan of the original JIB's and have had one of these bad boys scince late August last year...

I guess I was informally part of the beta test group, I fried at least 3 PCB's, killed a battery pack, a switch and went through a few atty connectors Eric and I shared a couple of... moments.... and more than a few drinks talking about these mods over the last 6 months.

I'm pretty comfortable in vouching for the fact that Eric held off on releasing these things until he got them right. A fair bit of tweaking by John and Eric has gone into the original JIB PCB's in terms of functionality and also reliability and the overall mod construction is now very solid. I had about 5 different setups over time and each time it came with an improvement or two.

I've dropped mine several times, dumped juice all over it and generally given it a hard time. My beta mods never failed as a result of abuse.

I generally run the higher end of the wattage. I think when Eric and I discussed the fact I usually hit it at max, I may have been the trigger for the extra 2 watts. Generally minimum Orange <> Solid Red. It hits harder than the originals, the 16 watts is not just a statistical selling point on paper.
    I have tried a few of the cheaper VW mods available, they advertise a lot of watts, but don't generally deliver on them. The EPM VW does.

The hard off switch is very useful for avoiding pocket firings.

I don't really use the rebuildable atties / tanks as I am a lazy fucker so will let someone else comment about them. Most of my usage is with Carto tanks (SR Boges for the most part)

I have had both the big boy 18650 the smaller 18490 and settled on the smaller. They are indistinguishable in terms of vape quality, however i got about 4 days out of the 18650 the 18490 lasts me about 2 days solidish vaping and charges in about 30-45 mins.

Not to sound like a massive fanboi but... this is the only mod i use these days.

Positives
    Drives pretty much anything you screw on to it and drives it hard.
    Good battery Life
    Solid Build
    Versatile in terms of dialing in the hit you desire (as per most VV's/VW's)
    Fairly easy to use

Negatives
    Hard to say really, the final product is pretty well done.
    Probably a small learning curve with the menus, but this is the same for most dialable devices
    Can't charge while vaping, the charge cycle is pretty quick though

If i could ask for one improvement it would be a passthrough / USB charger, but apart from that <3 my EPM VW
    Mickg33, D1git and Robray like this.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    good to see your still vaping SIK, and supporting a good aussie mod project, and are happy with your revised EPM
    Last edited by Mickg33; 30-04-13 at 05:05 PM.

did i miss this? are they all gone?

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Just received my 18650.

Reason I got another is that my original went walkabout. Basically what Mick said. Cant go past these, for the serious Vape experience. Rock solid in every way. Thanks for the hard work Eric.
    Mickg33 likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    So close to pulling the trigger on an 18490, the size looks spot on.
    Last edited by Adam; 30-04-13 at 06:44 PM.

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast