Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: G.A. tech www.jazzcartopipe.com

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    Are these the ones?

I've got a stack of Boge cartos around here, but I figure if the maker recommends using the duel coil then wouldn't it be silly to go something different? I'm going to need to order batteries anyway...speaking of which batteries are expensive locally!

I'll be ordering mine over the next few days but with slow postage as it's actually my birthday present, which isn't until the end of next month.

The tank option sounds interesting, but if it requires modding cartos I'm out...no tools and extremely accident prone

P.S. Sik: Sounds like an excellent plan. We're at T minus 3 weeks to baby so life is about to get VERY hectic. Must find some tartan slippers too

Yes those are the Mega dual coil cartos .

Batteries below .

http://www.shenzhen-wholesale.com/ul...y_sku4150.html

http://www.eastmall.net//Products/Pr...?keyword=18350

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

Sik
    Yup those are the ones mate, I am informed they are actually mega's rather than the regulars (there are other different ones again "mega XL's").

Highly reccomend having a chat with Romaniac in PM or via email before you order to get your preferences sorted out as he'll custom do the pipe for the size of carto's you pick.

I've also been recco'ed to grab an extra mouthpiece, just in case i chew on it lol which isnt listed in the shop, but is available and makes sense as sourcing a spare later isnt exactly cost effective.

edit for batts i think im grabbing these as i have found high drains much better than protected in the reo for LR: http://www.ecigswarehouse.com.au/pro...in-single-unit
    Last edited by Sik; 23-06-11 at 02:07 AM.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Thanks for that Sik,

As Romaniac pointed out, I can get my first lot of cartos with the pipe and now that I know I can get them locally for basically the same price I'm happy. I think I'd prefer to go a protected battery just so I can leave it in the charger without having to worry about them. I take it I can use the same charger I got from MadVapes to use with the Provari?

That just leaves batteries. They are about double the price locally (again, was looking at MadVapes site) so I'll have to work out postage costs and decide from there.

Looking forward to getting my Sherlock Holmes on

(The wife says we need to find a pub with a fireplace, then rock up wearing tartan slippers and dressing gowns!)

Thanks for that Sik,

As Romaniac pointed out, I can get my first lot of cartos with the pipe and now that I know I can get them locally for basically the same price I'm happy. I think I'd prefer to go a protected battery just so I can leave it in the charger without having to worry about them. I take it I can use the same charger I got from MadVapes to use with the Provari?

That just leaves batteries. They are about double the price locally (again, was looking at MadVapes site) so I'll have to work out postage costs and decide from there.

Looking forward to getting my Sherlock Holmes on

(The wife says we need to find a pub with a fireplace, then rock up wearing tartan slippers and dressing gowns!)

Why not get the m from East mall? 6 usd for two protected 1200 mah batteries???

http://www.eastmall.net//Products/Pr...?keyword=18350

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

Looks like Eastmall might be the way to go...

Last question for tonight - if you build it to use with mega cartos - is it just me or are they the same length as a standard atty and cart or T atty with standard tank? One of your early photos looks like there is a 510-T atty and tank sitting in there...

EDIT: Stratch that on the batteries. e-cig-sa has them and although the batteries are a bit more expensive, postage is much cheaper so it balances out...and they've got protected ones...
    Last edited by soundasleep; 23-06-11 at 02:46 AM.

Looks like Eastmall might be the way to go...

Last question for tonight - if you build it to use with mega cartos - is it just me or are they the same length as a standard atty and cart or T atty with standard tank? One of your early photos looks like there is a 510-T atty and tank sitting in there...

this is a picture of a pipe that uses the CE@R4 XL ceramic cartomizers next to a 510-T atomizer with a shorten cartridge. The XL ceramic cartomizer is longer than the mega Dual Coil

The XL cartomizer like the CE2R4 is generally 56 mm with the connector
    Mega Dual coil is 51mm with connector
    Regular dual coil and Boge regular are 40.6mm with connector

56 mm cartridge + atomizer or cartomizer is the maximum length I can place in the pipe.

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

[QUOTE=Sik;14384]Soundasleep, a couple of vendors here sell the smoktech dual coils as well... Ecigs Warehouse and GG Ecigs spring to mind. (apologies if i missed anyone)

Romaniac is also (very kindly) sourcing me a vape-o-matic liquinator which will add tank capacity to the cartos.... as you can see earlier in the thread only adds about 30 bucks US and you get a pipe modded to fit a ~3ml tank for your cartos so no topping up worries (only dremelling ones lol)

PS Once we both get our pipes we should catch up and vape pipes while bitching about government agencies like a couple of old duffers. (tartan slippers not optional)

I am in the process of making a cartomizer map tank. I have made improvements that will secure the tank against involuntary slide of the tank of the cartomizer.
    if all goes well they will be under 20 usd. I will let you know. when done maybe i will send few at the time so the shipping cost will be divided between few buyers. this Map tank will come with pre slotted cartomizers.

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by romaniac View Post
    this is a picture of a pipe that uses the CE@R4 XL ceramic cartomizers next to a 510-T atomizer with a shorten cartridge. The XL ceramic cartomizer is longer than the mega Dual Coil

The XL cartomizer like the CE2R4 is generally 56 mm with the connector
    Mega Dual coil is 51mm with connector
    Regular dual coil and Boge regular are 40.6mm with connector
    OK, I think I got all that. So your recommendation for best results is the mega dual coil?

EDIT: I just measured the 510-T atty with standard tank I have here and including the connector it's 52mm
    Last edited by soundasleep; 23-06-11 at 03:07 AM.

I guess mine is bigger. That sounds bad! Sorry! I think the cartridge on mine is longer . Combine length before cutting it was 65 mm

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

Sik
    LOL Mines bigger than yours !

Probably the difference between stock tanks and whistle tips 0.5 ml and 1ml

Will your new carto tank still fit my pipe modded for the liquinator ?
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast