Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: "RN Vape Wood"

Nice work Bobbavet!

I'm absolutely shite at stuff like that, two left hands and no patience. (Pity too as Tassie has so many nice native woods)

I particularly like the two (three?) tone donut and the two tone multihole behind it.

Good luck with it!
    Last edited by limbot; 19-08-13 at 12:36 AM.
    bobbavet likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    They're beautiful! I love wood, and you are so clever. Don't let the ugly cheeseboard incident hold you back, you've got talent.
    Thankyou Jen, fortunately I have had much therapy regarding the ugly cheese board and is consigned to history. lols

Quote Originally Posted by suspect View Post
    yep nothing like a good wood to stiffen u up

very nice work btw bobba and thats coming from a chippy
    Thank you suspect, praise indeed and much appreciated.
    Forgive me of my mistrust of chippies (It's a 3rd gen boilermaker DNA thing). Your forum name is not helping me overcome this. lols
    My house was owned and renovated by a Chippy. Pretty rough, particularly the waterproofing around me shed.
    It required an extensive seeing to before proceeding with my "adventure" as it would frequently flood with the slightest of rain.
    Hope I can continue to impress you with my odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by limbot View Post
    Nice work Bobbavet!

I'm absolutely shite at stuff like that, two left hands and no patience. (Pity too as Tassie has so many nice native woods)

I particularly like the two (three?) tone donut and the two tone multihole behind it.

Good luck with it!
    Gday and thank you Limbot.

When it comes to wood, I am navigating new ground. If not for my trade skills I'd be lost.
    Hasn't been all plain sailing though. Had bit of a break down last week when I came across a difficult wood.
    Was about to throw the whole Workshop on Ebay and walk away, till the Missus calmed me down. lols

Wasn't sure about the doughnut. Its a proto type stand. I am thinking of using the left over of an art deco table for some more as it is really dense and has some weight to it.

The Multi hole tray is a juice holder. Though a 22mm mod would fit into the 4 smaller holes.

hahaha bobba being one of the actually legitimately qualified chippies i can tell you that half of them dont actually have papers. anyone can pick up a hammer and saw and wack something up. some of them are better then the qualified ones lol. your skepticism is well founded we are known to be a dodgey bunch
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect View Post
    hahaha bobba being one of the actually legitimately qualified chippies i can tell you that half of them dont actually have papers. anyone can pick up a hammer and saw and wack something up. some of them are better then the qualified ones lol. your skepticism is well founded we are known to be a dodgey bunch
    LMAO hehehe. So I am "qualified"?
    Last edited by bobbavet; 19-08-13 at 12:16 PM.

Bobba....hurry!! I want one
    bobbavet likes this.

AVF Regular
    Mate Ive just finished another final oil. I find the oiling frustrating. It looks so good going on, then it fades in motley like.

I have found it take a good fortnight to settle right down. My first little choc mod/juice stand is even matt sheen and smooth as a babies bot. I'm hoping the same for these.

I am oiling them which will condition the wood. From what I gather the choc (Aus eat cedar) could well be 50 yrs seasoned.

People can leave the stands to settle then choose to keep as is, maybe use polish ie Mr Sheen or spray lacquer themselves for a gloss finish.

AVF Regular
    Some more piccy's.

AVF Regular

Washer inserts for tanks, teflon cushions for atties if required.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    Excellent work there bobba! very impressed and very interested in gaining one of these beautiful MOD/atty/juice/recharger holders!

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast