Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Custom Coils ! ( by Jobics)

AVF Regular
    Hey Jobics.

Just got around to throwing one of your SS430 Claptons in my DNA200.

Gotta say I am more than impressed with the performance and I will definitely be ordering some more soon.

Also thanks for the coil brush you threw in with the order.

Cheers!
    jobics likes this.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    Jobics, can you build me dual something for a series config @8.4 volts? Aiming for 1.2 ohm and up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    jobics likes this.

AVF Regular
    I should get some as well, been wanting to. Anything around 0.22 to 0.25 in SS?
    jobics likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyel Geelong View Post
    Just got around to throwing one of your SS430 Claptons in my DNA200.

Gotta say I am more than impressed with the performance and I will definitely be ordering some more soon.

Also thanks for the coil brush you threw in with the order.
    I've been using a SS 430 fused 26x2/32 on my single coil Pulse RDA, comes out to 0.26 ohm. It has been my daily driver since 25 July and I probably vape about 18 mls daily. Lately, I've been needing to pulse/change cotton every other day (used to be weekly) so I guess it's time to change the coil. Still, 52 days of heavy usage ain't bad.

My observations about SS 430:
    • On my Drone BF, the temp setting is higher than what I normal use for 316L - I use 480F for 316L and 550F for 430.
    • Colour of the 430 after usage is almost black when it's wet with juice, doesn't affect the taste though.
    • Gunk build up on the 430 seems to be slower than 316L

Quote Originally Posted by rotten View Post
    Jobics, can you build me dual something for a series config @8.4 volts? Aiming for 1.2 ohm and up
    TBH, I have no experience for your config but let's see what we can come up with. What material do you prefer? At that resistance, I think you're limited to Kanthal or Nichrome as SS 316L/430 would have to be massive to get to that level.

Also, I need to know your build preference - double/triple or quad twisted, clapton, double or triple fused claptons?

Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    I should get some as well, been wanting to. Anything around 0.22 to 0.25 in SS?
    Have a look see at my website - SS 316L coils or SS 430 coils. If you don't find anything there that you like, I can do custom builds for you.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jobics View Post

TBH, I have no experience for your config but let's see what we can come up with. What material do you prefer? At that resistance, I think you're limited to Kanthal or Nichrome as SS 316L/430 would have to be massive to get to that level.

Also, I need to know your build preference - double/triple or quad twisted, clapton, double or triple fused claptons?
    Hi jobics. Id like duals if possible. Atty is 24mm goon so can go up to 4mm id depending on thickness of wraps.

Type of coil, something flash and complicated, alien clapton or staple or whatever it is that you can build, and i cant

Cheers

jobics and trumpy955 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rotten View Post
    Hi jobics. Id like duals if possible. Atty is 24mm goon so can go up to 4mm id depending on thickness of wraps.

Type of coil, something flash and complicated, alien clapton or staple or whatever it is that you can build, and i cant
    Kinda hard to get a fancy build with a resistance of at least 1.2 ohms. For example, a Kanthal fused clapton 28x2/36, 3mm ID, 8 wraps is 0.97 ohms so for a dual configuration, that would be 0.49 ohms only. I'm using 28 AWG as an example because the thinner the wire, the higher the resistance. If we substitute the 28 with a 26 then the resistance for 26x2/36 will drop down to 0.57 ohms per coil (0.29 for dual). Reason I used Kanthal as the example is because it has the highest resistance compared to N80, 316L and 430.

From what I've read about 8.4v series, going below 0.5 ohms has the possibility of turning your mod into a brick.

N80 triple fused clapton 30x3/38, 4mm ID, 8 wraps comes out to 0.9 ohms/coil (0.45 for dual). 9 wraps=1.02 ohms, 10 wraps=1.13 ohms.
    rotten likes this.

AVF Regular
    0.9 and up is fine. Any lower and my throat and lungs cant handle it.

jobics likes this.

AVF Regular
    Loving these vertebraid coils. 3mm 6 X 30g SS316L 0.15 ohms. Actually Jobics I'm loving all your coils, keep up the good work!
    jobics and JakeFloyd like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456