Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree371Likes

Thread: Stoney ECDmeter

already modded it, not written any code, moved a couple of display drive lines to give me a serial port back .. silly oversight.
    silly mistake 1 discovered, no diode on front end keeping the input cap charged on pwm devices, added a schottky.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

about 20% done, its doing a bunch of other calculations that are not displayed yet, I want to display them on subsequent button presses.

quick demo on a ego twist, normal ego gives it a headache still.
    capable of displaying 9.99v currently, internally it functions to 11.6v, i don't think i will bother with the over 10v stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZxxIs3ya_Y
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Looking good Stoney, looking good

another late night, added more functionality, currently ..
    ''bat' displays voltage
    "res" resistance
    "Por" output power
    "cur" output current

each button press should change to a new function, need to be a bit quick currently, will optimise a few things later .. wondering whether a better method could be found.
    considering a double tap to change functions, then you can leave it on watts for eg.

if you can think of better abbreviations for those functions that will look better on a 7 segment display .. speak.
    was going to use "Vol" for voltage, but an uppercase U looks sucky as a V
    when it displays text I put all te decimal points on to try and make it look different.

anyone doing the math on the above figures may think there is a discrepancy, you need to take into account the 0.33 ohm shunt resistor, the displayed resistance is correct, the 0,33 is removed, but the current and wattage is reduced due to the shunt, supposed to be 0.2 ohm but it seems some of my resistors aint connected properly.
    the voltage is spot on to my provari, the current measured is accurate to my fluke meter. the doohickey has a higher resolution than the fluke on ohms.
    resistance calculations rock solid over the full ego twist voltage range, not bad considering the twist outputs over a volt of noise at current.

i will use a lower value later..

removed ego functionality at the moment, just tests linear mods. still have work to do.
    40% code complete i reckon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXNFEcX7rdA

Super Moderator
    I'm excited!

The "double click" to advance sounds like a good idea after watching your video. That way, as you say, you can leave it on a particular setting if you wish. What are the 5 "pin-outs" for? Future stuff or code updates? Looking good so far

the programmer ..a microchip ICD3, also powers it when testing.
    the 3 wires are for a USB-ttl serial adapter so I can print info, i think i will leave them on the final device just as a little socket.
    there is a lot going on in that little chip, using ADC, DAC, Comparators, SPI, USART, 2 timers, FVR .. happy with the schematic concept now, so I should do a final pcb design and get some manufactured. can work on code while i wait.
    I wasn't sure it was going to work well on 3.2v using a linear regulator, but its fine.

*packs away his modding gear*

yeah im done! get me on the list stoney

want something to read resistance :P

well done mate
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

I need to come up with a bunch of funds to make some of these. If I had the spare cash now or put it all on the CC then I could these shipped out .. otherwise it will be a month a so if I allocate as other jobs get paid for, not invoiced yet ..
    the price goes down, the more I make.
    Probably still 3 weeks away still as pcb manufacture is 2 weeks with shipping.
    If you want to help speed things up and get one cheaper, prepared to trust me and put up some funds up front for a few weeks .. stick your name down here AFTER this post. everything mentioned above is void, this is for paying up front.

what I was going to do is see how many names I get then decide on a price, confusing for all. .. so how about this .. assume it will be $35 + paypal ncluding shipping. If any vendors want to approach me with a bulk order, PM me .. I can do a bulk order a bit cheaper.

The final one will be a lot smaller, display between connectors, battery end will allow use on a provari, atty end will allow ego attys. Provision to output data to a computer via a USB port. I might write a delphi application later to make it neat. It will not be exposed electronics, I see no need for a case, will likely seal it with hot melt glue for the time being.

paypal address is colhoon@gmail.com

I will start a list next post .. copy and paste it belw, you know the deal

Display preorder .. paypal $36 to colhoon@gmail.com to prepay

Stoney 2 units .. paid

AVF Regular
    donation sent. and a bit more to kick things off.
    might cover some postage
    cheers mate
    D1g
    Last edited by D1git; 09-07-12 at 08:00 PM.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast