Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By second_chance

Thread: my experience update with genesis atomizers

AVF Regular

my experience update with genesis atomizers

so what ive learnt so far. the closer the wick is to the positive and negative poles the less likely of a hot spot

pulsing works wonders. i have to do it each time i drop a new battery in casue the charge is too strong. as soon as voltage drops from 4.2 volts to about 4.1 its perfect. its that initial first few blasts that give it a really hot top coil. what ive been doing so far is firing it and dropping drops of e liquid on to the hot spot, it dissipates then, ill slowly pulse it till its evenly glowing again, then do a quick few drags with it tilted to really have the wick soaked.

i had a genesis atomizer on a L Rider and Vamo and had to up the resistance due to the cut off of 1.2ohms. i was very disappointed i wasnt getting clouds like others do. after receiving a bolt. i just threw the aga-w on to it and wow, very different. mech mods are made for genesis atomizers in my personal opinion.

you have to make sure the wick doesnt touch the bottom, i wasnt having any wicking issues at all with a fairly long wick which almost touched the bottom but i decided to clip off about 2mm and holy hell it made a difference, dont really know the capillary theory behind it but it really works.

a broken in wick is key to a good setup. ive been using the same wick for 2 months now. ive changed the coil setup about 6-7 times, never ever had an issue. didnt even use the drill bit method(except when using 28 guage as its really thick and hard to coil properly.

and last but not least the past 2 days i decided to drop the resistance on my Igo - L, mini did clone and now the aga-w. i had completely forgotten id set them up high for the vamo. and boom, ive blown my throat out. INCREDIBLY satisfied. just received a bunch of different kinds of mesh and more kanthal including ribbon wire. waiting for my NGP moon to arrive to try it out on that.

finally just wanted to say you really dont need the extremely expensive mods. i think alot of newbies (like me) think the more you pay the better the vape. i think once i get this hybrid and a proper atomizer that allows multiple coil setups im pretty much set. the margin of difference is minimal but i think its more design. for instance my mini did hits like a punch due to its incredibly tiny chamber. you can get that with alot of cheap mods. the aga-w is a cooler vape, but its cooler and i use it when im at the computer for a few deeper drags. i understand why people buy alot of expensive mods, i really do, but i think alot of people starting out think just like buying a car, the more you pay the more you get.

Have you tried the porous ceramic wicks yet? I love them. I would never go back to mesh wicks now. No shorts, set up in seconds and the flavour is amazing. The drawback is that they are brittle so some care is needed and they are expensive but boy they do the job. If you are up for an adventure, give one a go some time.
    kingsr likes this.

AVF Regular
    ill definitely give it a go once theyre more readily available from an aussie vendor, are there any out there?

Ribbon kanthal is pure magic once you get the hang of the wrapping method. You'll definitely enjoy it now that you've experienced the wonders of blowing your throat out

Have not seen them for sale here. I am getting them from Tankecigs at the moment and they are a ridiculous price, $20 for three 1/8" wicks. They will not fit in all atties at that size. I have a DID set up and got an AC9 today which will also be a good fit. You can drill out an AGA T to take one as well. They were making a smaller size and I just got in on the last production of those for now (3/32") which will go in just about anything but at this size they are easy to break. Even at the price I bought 9 x 1/8" and 6 x 3/32" which should last till gum leaves if I look after them. I could have got a nice mod for the price but the quality of the vape is worth it to me. You can pretty much use them forever if you don't break em. Boil em, then fire them to as hot as you want (2000 degrees if you got something that will go there) and they come up as good as new. There is a learning curve and some pretty innovative stuff going on getting a really tight wrap on the wick which is fun to watch. Everyone who gets them working properly is blown away with how good they are. I really hope some good Aussie supplies open up soon so everyone can get in on this at reasonable price.