Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Modded CHI CHI Brass 3.9v under 0.9Ohm load

AVF Regular

Modded CHI CHI Brass 3.9v under 0.9Ohm load

Replaced battery post with solid brass rod and delrin sleve.

3.9v at atomizer terminals with 0.9 Ohm coil and well used AW 18500 IMR.

18350 mode after deknurling and polishing. looks pretty good with a DID standard.

18500 Mode

Mushman, eTama, gtadmin and 6 others like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Very nice mate - does the post screw out or just pull out?

Was the mod originally brass or have you polished the plating off?

Cheers.

AVF Regular
    Hi Ev, no, LOL the original post does not screw out LOL. I was a f@#$ing biach, but only because I didn't know going in how it was attatched .It appears the the drilled disc that the post sits in is pressed in place, and the original post is like a post with a washer welded on to the end, so I ended up having to just drill all the way down and through the post til I could remove the waffer thin sleve of metal that remained, leaving the hidden washer or disc of metal in place. No matter really though as I was still able to sand a delrin drip tip (internal diameter was the perfect size for the brass rod I used) to make an unsulator sleve and insete it into the hole for a nice rigid fit.
    The mod was originally chrome plated over copper over a pure brass base metal started with model in pic below, purchased from bevoh at "gonevapeshit"
    GTX6_zps7460983b.jpg
    Last edited by studiovape; 22-03-13 at 12:19 AM.
    Mushman, eTama and Big Ev like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    Great work . Looks fantastic!

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by romaniac View Post
    Great work . Looks fantastic!
    Thanks romaniac, as you know brass doesnt stay shiny for long, but the patina it aquires over a couple of days in the hand has a charm of it's own. Then when I feel like admiring shiny brass again I pop it onto an old ss carto mounted in the chuck of my pillar drill spin it up with some polish and the whole journey starts again.LOL, Sweet
    Vaping since July 2012.

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    Cruzmiguel was describing a solution that you can spray on metal finish that will protect the polish from oxidation. PM him to tell you what he is using. honestly I hated the original shape of this mod but you managed to find and see its inner beauty. Good work
    studiovape likes this.

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Hi Ev, no, LOL the original post does not screw out LOL. I was a f@#$ing biach, but only because I didn't know going in how it was attatched .It appears the the drilled disc that the post sits in is pressed in place, and the original post is like a post with a washer welded on to the end, so I ended up having to just drill all the way down and through the post til I could remove the waffer thin sleve of metal that remained, leaving the hidden washer or disc of metal in place. No matter really though as I was still able to sand a delrin drip tip (internal diameter was the perfect size for the brass rod I used) to make an unsulator sleve and insete it into the hole for a nice rigid fit.
    The mod was originally chrome plated over copper over a pure brass base metal started with model in pic below, purchased from bevoh at "gonevapeshit"
    GTX6_zps7460983b.jpg
    Very innovative mate - well done. I've got one of these mods from Bevoh and they work very well. You've managed to not only make it work better, but turn it into a thing of beauty also.

Thanks for the info, I'd been thinking the same thing about the post but gave up when it wouldn't budge. Cheers.

Those KTS kits from Bevoh are good value.
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Over the switch heating up even after the brass post mod, so decided to build a new switch.
    Parts shown and ohmage of coil (0.8Ohm) used for under load voltage test (3.98v under load, fresh 18500 @4.16v), too tired to list full build info, but will later if anyone is interseted.

Parts,cut section of Did clone center strut, brass rod, m3 screw, springs from cheap allen key set.

Original switch next to mine.

Circlip retainer made from spring loop.

eTama, mathsguy and bk_renesis like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Ohms test.

Voltage under 0.8 Ohm load with 18500 IMR

The switch installed in the mod is'nt the best looker, as it needs a machined pan head brass screw or somthing to tidy up the look, but dam! this hits harder than all my other mods, Poldiac, modded Paps hybrid, ect. etc.

eTama, Milkman_ and bk_renesis like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Ok made a new less fugly switch fo the CHI CHI today, same great voltage under load, but more compact .
    I used a slice of brass drip tip and soldered it onto some of the brass rod before sanding and shaping to make a larger better looking button head.

Old Diy next to new Diy switch.

Close ups of new switch

How it looks installed.

floorzone2, Mushman, eTama and 4 others like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast