Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By margyb
  • 2 Post By BleakOptimism

Thread: gurgling clearomizer hardly any vapour?

AVF Regular

gurgling clearomizer hardly any vapour?

Hi all,

I have a few of the same clearomizer's that are producing barely any vapour.

When I draw back I hear a gurgling type sound as if it is leaking.

This is not the first clearo this has happened to. Yes I am tilting when refilling...Is there a way to fix this or should I chuck it in the bin?

IMG_2259.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated!

Retired Account
    How long have you been using it for? Have you cleaned it?

I have the same sort of problem with some of mine. They get rotated so often that they are all in need of a good clean now.

I'm not sure whether the ones you've got are in the category of cleaning and reusing or just chucking out and buying new ones.

All of mine have been going for around 2 months without a clean.. yes, I feel terribly ashamed of myself.

They always have liquid in them, and I can't bear the thought of tossing out any nice flavoured liquids.

I'm going to have to change my ways though.

AVF Regular
    they are about a week old and shouldn't have this problem.

Any links and advise on cleaning methods?

I get the same problem using these clearos. Heres what I do

- when I've just filled tank, hold button down for a sec or two then inhale
    - hold tank vertically for first few vapes 5-10 big inhales, once juice starts to go down gurgling stops for me
    - I try not to fill tank too much, just below wick level should do it, anymore and i get big gurgles. sounds like a bong lol

Give it a go. If not, try carto tanks. Cleaning them shouldn't have too much an impact. I usually only clean when flavour is diminished.

AVF Regular
    Try vaping in front of a mirror. If you can see air bubbles in clearo you probably have a crack in the plastic. Looks like juice on outside of bottom of your
    clearo in your pic.

I had a couple of stardusts which had a hairline crack in plastic just above metal base horizontally and they gurgled. I only figured out what was wrong when I vaped in front of mirror and could see airbubbles. And on closer inspection I could see tiny hairline crack.

Stoney likes this.

the symptoms sound as if the wick is too wet to heat up properly. What margy says rings true .. but try not tilting it for a while as well and let that wick dry out to an optimum.
    I have only briefly toyed with the latest clearos and never had much luck with them.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

I'm not an expert but I do get gurgling and barely any vape when I overfill, I'll usually find some juice has dribbled down onto the battery connection doodad (does it have a real name?), so I wipe the battery connection down with a tissue, blow out the excess from the top with the tip on and wipe it's little bum until it stops having the runs.
    margyb and Stomp like this.