Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Natural minor tweaks

AVF Regular

Natural minor tweaks

Hi,

I think the Natural is one of the best cheap chinese mods i have had. It did have 2 things that really annoyed me though.

1. Small gap between the mod top and atomisers
    2. Small gap between the tube joins depending which batteries you use, and how far the 510 top pin screw is out.

If your atty needs air flow then either leave the mod as it is or cut a couple grooves in the top cap, which i just did on the Temon I got and is easy to do with the dremmel with a little cutting wheel attachment.

So I thought i would try to fix based on what I read a few people mention here. i usually stuff more things than i fix. In the end they were easy fixes to do so if I can do it anyone can.

1. Using a dremmel with a small metal cutting disk, grind down the 510 connector so it is just below or level with the top cap. Just make sure to grind as little as possible so you dont stuff the threads, the metal is much softer than you think.

2. Take the bottom cap off and grind 1mm off the centre pin end. Hold it firm by applying pressure through the other end. Make sure not to grind to much as you cant add it back. Make sure not to knock the edge of the tube with the dremmel or you will stuff the threading up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ckane, fudgeball, Tek and 1 others like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Studiovaper did a few mods on the Natural.
    Mickg33 and davee like this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    Studiovaper did a few mods on the Natural.
    Thanks ckane . heres the link to studiovapes mods, which funnily enough i found by doing a google search on natural mods, went to an ecf thread and then on page 20 something found a link to a good mod example that led me to studiovapes mod back on avf lol

Smok Natural DID Hybrid & Upgrade
    Last edited by Mickg33; 22-04-13 at 09:39 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    just got a natural to have a play with.getting a bit bored with just the dogs.
    Mickg33 likes this.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by floorzone2 View Post
    just got a natural to have a play with.getting a bit bored with just the dogs.
    Yeah I could be quite happy vaping away on what i have, but vaping is also a bit of a relaxation and hobby thing and when I get bored I need to buy something to play with.

Its why I bought the natural and have a Nautilus and Smok RSST with ceramic wicks on the way. Giving me something to play around with, without throwing away $500 bucks on top of the range mods. Which is new for me

Studiovapes natural mods may be something to have a play around with. Haven't really noticed the voltage drop he mentions, but probably just have coiled a lower ohm genesis to compensate for it?
    floorzone2 likes this.

April 2011 011.jpg

Makes quite a good hybrid with an Aga

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by davee View Post
    April 2011 011.jpg

Yeah I saw that in the link above, not bad for a under $100 set up. Dont know why the prices of the natural has gone up so much on some sites though.

Not sure I can do it with a Smok RSST, but after i finish playing with the Nautilus and RSST with ceramic wicks I will look into it abit.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 22-04-13 at 09:36 PM.

AVF Regular
    that yours davee?
    Quote Originally Posted by davee View Post
    April 2011 011.jpg

RIP VP

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Yeah I saw that in the link above, not bad for a under $100 set up. Not sure I can do it with a Smok RSST, but after i finish playing with the Nautilus and RSST with ceramic wicks I will look into it abit.
    Machined the 510 threaded section off the bottom of the Aga, then machined a recess about 3mm or so up from the bottom, and wedged it in to the top of the tube. Had planned on stitching it in with the tig, but it's that tight I haven't done it.
    Long brass screw with the head machined flat as a new centre post, and it was done. All went together quite easily!
    I like compact. Just wish they wouldn't waste so much tube length just for the switch, and I wish I had a 14500 tube.
    Mickg33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by floorzone2 View Post
    that yours davee?
    It is.. My most expensive mod.. lol
    floorzone2 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast