It’s all been done before with other clearos I guess, but I re wicked this for Mrs MG today as we ran out of replacement heads and it works a treat.
As suspected, the flavour is better without the top wicks in place - working well on 100% VG.
Would be a doddle with thinner R wire and a welder - I used 3mm silica, 32g kanthal and soldered silver on the ends with a jet lighter, the trick is to get it to all melt to a small blob at the end without going too far...
Leave the wick trimming until the end or it will fall apart.
It’s hard to keep both ends of the coil away from the body, so let one end get earthed if it wants to and keep the +ve hauled up tightish so it clears.
Attachment 8191Attachment 8192Attachment 8193