Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: nautilus / oddy help

nautilus / oddy help

i cant for the life of me getting good vape out of this. when i finish building it the resistance will read 2.0, when i assemble the mouthpiece it will drop to 1.5, sometimes short atomiser warning will pop up

the vapor is okay but the taste isnt. it has bitter or something off undertone, like nova when the juice is running low type of taste. how do you guys get good vape out of this? im so ready to sell this off if not because im out of mesh to build my genie. im lucky i have carto as backup

I started off with using some top quality silica and just kept rebuilding untill i got it right.

I guess its just like any other atty.. The more you build it the better you become at it.

Took me about 3-4 goes to get it right but once you perfect it, it turns into an alright vape.

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    I started off with using some top quality silica and just kept rebuilding untill i got it right.

I guess its just like any other atty.. The more you build it the better you become at it.

Took me about 3-4 goes to get it right but once you perfect it, it turns into an alright vape.
    yeah i guess you are right, you are better than me though i have rebuilt this 5 times in 3 days but im definitely not getting alright vape. it's like vivi nova at best

Try wrapping your coils tighter and use 2 bits of silica at the top around the coil then trim the second piece so it ends near the coil.

Sounds like you have a short somewhere.
    Make sure that your no resistance wire is sitting in the channels on the ceramic cup properly and not sticking out.
    Also check to make sure that you are joining your no resistance and resistance wire properly.
    For more flavour you can try making a loop in the top of the silica and wrapping your coil around the loop so that the coil is wrapped around three strands of wick.
    Let us know how you go.
    cruzmiguel and bugzme like this.

AVF Regular
    Yes Bullos is right, you have a short.

Either one of the side wires is touching the mouthpiece or a coil is.

you can push the coil down into the ceramic a little to help stop this,
    and when catching the positive wire ensure the silica is covering it fully and keep it semi tight.

Cheers,
    Bullos likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Yes Bullos is right, you have a short.

Either one of the side wires is touching the mouthpiece or a coil is.

you can push the coil down into the ceramic a little to help stop this,
    and when catching the positive wire ensure the silica is covering it fully and keep it semi tight.

Cheers,
    +1 to this .

heres a vid on set up that may help. Ps on mecanical mods I usually run a 1.6ohm coil, with only one length of 3ml wick and have had no issues at all. PS I know it sounds stupid, but have you unscrewed the juice flow a turn? Its not screwed down to far and not letting enough juice in to the wick?

Golden Greek GG Penelope Review and Setup - YouTube
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

cheers guys, going to retry it tonight

i did unscrew the the juice control, all the way up too because if i have it any lower it will short. the problem i am having is where the nr and resistance coil joining, it's tougher than usual sorts of unbend-able so it did pop out a little

when it's good though (mine reading at 1.6 after few burn, fresh coil however read 2.0) it produce good vapor, but when i use fruity juice i can taste my wick there, not so much with coffee or strong flavour. but something light i can definitely taste something else in it. do you guys have this too?

had just opened it in the office, sure enough the joint was popping out because the wick was wet and fragile and the joint being little bit sharp and tough, piecing through. I have level it now and screw the mouthpiece (juice flow) all the way down and it still read 1.6, no shorts. see how it goes throughout the day

btw how many ml can this thing hold? had it full this morning and when i open it just now it was dry empty! and does anyone sell glass tank for this?

you can get clear windows for the odyesseus but it depends on what mode you are using it in as to what window you need to buy.

Clear windows for atomizer "Odysseas" - Gr-Modders
    Or
    Odysseus Clear Tank - Avid Vaper

There are a few more shops that sell them and they are easy to find.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast