Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By billyboy689

Thread: Twin Z-Max "Duego" - is the idea so crazy that it just might work?

AVF Regular

Twin Z-Max "Duego" - is the idea so crazy that it just might work?

I've got two Z-Max v2 PCBs lying around. Late last night I got thinking if it would be worth jamming them in the one mod. Using jumpered switches they could be controlled in unison, and they would effectively allow high wattage regulated vaping without the need to go down the route of sub-ohm / dual coil mech mods (or the associated worries that come with over-pushing batteries). Using twin atty heads (RBAs, clearos, etc), you'd also reduce wicking issues. There'd also be the added benefit of being able to mix flavours "on the fly".

So questions:
    1. Have I got nic poisoning?
    2. Would it produce that much more vapour?

AVF Regular
    ZMax's put out a pulse width modulated output, how do you plan to connect these together?
    If you solve the problem of matching square((ish)waves so they don't cancel each other, I reckon a V8 (Vamo 8) would have a market. A small one, with reduced lifespan perhaps.
    If you want more vapor from more power, consider a 3-12V regulator chip, lots on ebay cheap.

AVF Regular
    There were no thoughts about electronically linking them (for the time being... heh), other than the jumpered switches. Just basically two Z-Maxs in the one mod box. They'd run off separate batteries, running separate 510 connections.

The reason for not just going with higher voltages is that it keeps the Z-max capabilities (eg. VV/VW, resistance checking on the one screen, single button) and you wouldn't have the need to get fancy with wiring up multi-wicked RBAs, plus you could use it with off-the-shelf cartos or clearos.

Now, just to find a machinist to make me a twin tanked, twin posted RBA...

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    just cheat , its quicker
    plus the looks i get using this
    is awsome

shipo, Mushman, Robray and 5 others like this.
    QUOTE=Fatman; I have licked many things ... some I am proud of , some I am not :(

AVF Regular
    Haha... mate, didn't realise you'd stepped up your game.