Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: DNA20 Reo Grand

DNA20 Reo Grand

I was looking into how to kick the Reo Grand when it dawned on me that a Reo Grand with the DNA20 would be supertotallyfuckingawesome.jpg

Could this be done? I'm picturing it at the bottom in its own housing with the display facing forward, but I have NFI what I am doing so I was hoping someone who knows one end of a hammer from the other can tell me if this is genius or moronic, or even possible.
    Michael-Mikey-Mike likes this.
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

AVF Regular
    Doable but why?
    Not dissing you, but I'd like to read your reasoning and desired outcomes.
    DNA20 has a high minimum output.
    AlbinoNeutrino likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Im liking the look of the Bogger Box DNA20. Would love to give a bottom feeder a try but lack of funds for a while will prevent that.

AVF Regular
    i was thinking this myself, but there wouldn't be enough room in the unit itself, it would have to be an addon pack or something like that.

mrgruffy, reasoning behind it (for me anyway) be good to have regulated vaping on a Reo. It would be awesome to even have a DNA12 in there. The kick is working a treat but it does leech precious battery life due to a smaller cell. I have been spoiled with regulated vaping and i can't stand it when my vape gets weaker as cell life drops. Its not so much frustrating, but unsatisfying now.

If you can work some gruffy magic and let me know how to integrate a DNA chip into a Reo, i will do it! I learn fast

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to modify an existing rectangular shaped box (modify; read "punching holes into something while grumbling") thing and shoving a DNA chip and juice bottle in it? As far as I know it's ridiculously cheap and relatively easy to knock up a BF mod if you own a dremel and some epoxy.
    I am lazy and even though I own all of the material required I am currently caring for old people and watching cartoons so I am far too busy to experiment.
    IMO, put a kick in your Reo and try and make something with a tin/box you can pick up at the $2 shop.

Here:
    Fatman and AlbinoNeutrino like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    ooooooooooo i might try this then i got time.

I have kicked all my Reos and they are vaping awesome!

the only problem with a kicked Reo is battery life (18490 suck at this) so an integrated unit which can take an 18650 would be the best.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

i got the kickstands for reo and pipes to FM today, so send him a PM with your addy MMM and he will send em on.
    a little bit of scraping or dremelling to get em spot on, but hopefully he reports on em shortly.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    oh sweet! thanks stoney!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Doable but why?
    Not dissing you, but I'd like to read your reasoning and desired outcomes.
    DNA20 has a high minimum output.
    I have no good reason, the Reo works beautifully with an LR atomizer as it is. I was just imagining it with a little oled display at the bottom of the box showing me battery life and giving me a consistent vape to the end of the battery. After sleeping on it I can see that it kind of defeats the purpose of the Reo which is simplicity and functionality, but still...
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

AVF Regular
    As odd as it seems, Ryxna pretty much nailed my thoughts. The Reo is a thing that has it's own form, function and something a little more than both of those, there will be a fancy french word for that no doubt. If you stick a DNA 12/20 in it you compromise it's essential REOness, and while that's certainly your prerogative, the argument to build a box mod with the DNA20 makes a lot of sense. You'd get another mod and keep your REO with it's pants still on the right way round.
    Fatman and Rynxa like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast