Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Troubleshooting mechanical mod

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Druitt @ home, Everywhere Else for work
    Posts
    110

    Question Troubleshooting mechanical mod

    Howdy all,

    Just received my shiny new Sigelei #19 in the post yesterday, however I cannot seem to get it to fire at all.

    Have tried:

    Pulled it apart, cleaned it all and put it together exactly the way it was
    3 batteries tried (2 x trustfire 18650's and a AW IMR 18350)
    Cobra Clone, Vape only BCC and a comet all tried
    can confirm that the +ive post touches the bottom of the comet/bcc/cobra clone
    No modifications made at all (batteries still intact etc, original spring yadda yadda)
    Tried using multiple magnets to ensure contact between button/battery/+ive.

    Nadda, zip zilch.

    Any wise words from the brains trust?

    Cheers,
    HighTreazon
    'No silicon heaven'? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    N.T.
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by hightreazon View Post
    Howdy all,

    Just received my shiny new Sigelei #19 in the post yesterday, however I cannot seem to get it to fire at all.

    Have tried:

    Pulled it apart, cleaned it all and put it together exactly the way it was
    3 batteries tried (2 x trustfire 18650's and a AW IMR 18350)
    Cobra Clone, Vape only BCC and a comet all tried
    can confirm that the +ive post touches the bottom of the comet/bcc/cobra clone
    No modifications made at all (batteries still intact etc, original spring yadda yadda)
    Tried using multiple magnets to ensure contact between button/battery/+ive.

    Nadda, zip zilch.

    Any wise words from the brains trust?

    Cheers,
    HighTreazon
    Maybe not wise, are you positive that the top of the battery is connecting have you tried sanding the neg + pos contacts? If you have a rebuild-able, try using a battery from the outside to see if it powers it. Do your attys etc and batteries work with another device?

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gympie Queensland
    Posts
    2,404
    Grab a multi meter and start checking for continuity between it's component parts.
    Vaping since July 2012.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Druitt @ home, Everywhere Else for work
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Maybe not wise, are you positive that the top of the battery is connecting have you tried sanding the neg + pos contacts? If you have a rebuild-able, try using a battery from the outside to see if it powers it. Do your attys etc and batteries work with another device?
    Batteries and attys work on other devices fine.
    Contacts on these beasts are magnets!
    'No silicon heaven'? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Druitt @ home, Everywhere Else for work
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Grab a multi meter and start checking for continuity between it's component parts.
    Will be grabbing a new multi meter today and will let you know how it checks out.
    'No silicon heaven'? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Druitt @ home, Everywhere Else for work
    Posts
    110
    Hooray!

    Multimeter worked a treat! The top magnet wasnt letting anything flow through to the center pin.

    Pulled the bastard out, cleaned off the glue but still wouldnt play, so bent a bit of a little brass picture frame hook to make up the gap and away she goes.

    Will look at a more elegant permanent solution soon, but thank you both for your suggestions.
    Ravenscroft, Mushman and bilbo like this.
    'No silicon heaven'? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,877
    how did you pull the magnet out? thought of heating up the delarin part but i dont think thats a good idea lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Hills District
    Posts
    1,986
    Maybe too much glue which insulated the magnet from the pin.

    RC
    Mushman likes this.

  9. #9
    HSV
    HSV is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    how did you pull the magnet out? thought of heating up the delarin part but i dont think thats a good idea lol
    I forced a small flat screwdriver down the side of the magnet and pryed it out. It is a tight fit an will just push back in there if you want to put it back.

    I shaved the delrin hole out a bit so my magnet doesn't stick in there any more. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you put you battery nipple towards the 510 connector as there is a risk of shorting if the magent moves. If you put the negative und up then you just put the magnet on the battery and screw it all back together.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bayside, Melbourne
    Posts
    2,544
    if you want to tweak this mod and get it working to the best of it's ability check the vid below (2nd half)
    Todd's a great reviewer IMHO and always likes to tinker and get things working, well worth a watch
    Mushman and bilbo like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:49 AM.