Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dalmas

Thread: bobbavet look here

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs

bobbavet look here

Your inbox needs some house keeping, so I will post this here.

These might fit the bill for you they are 16340/RCR123A batt holders. A couple of these might work for the mod you linked to??? I cant see in the post, but I suspect these are very close to the ones he used??

Battery Holder: CR123A Battery Holder with Easy In-Out battery insertion & removal - RoHS Compliant
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Good advice Robray.

Posting your package on Monday Bobbavet.

AVF Regular
    Thanks mate. Thought my box was full and not getting messages. Fixed it half hour ago.

Where does it say battery size?

I just scored 8 Snus tins for mods too. You tube Snus mods for a look.

I have ordered some double and single 18650 holders to mod and play around with.

Going to Jaycar tommorow to sus buttons.

Getting som stuff fro US. pre wire 510s. A couple solid and a couple set up ready for bottom feed.

Looking to wire in fire button on the board. Possibly for the 2 switches aswell.

At a loss as to what type of small button to use though.

Another prob I'm trying to get my head around is having the LCD visible. I dont want to cut a hole in the tin lid. I'd like to have it facing back of tin. The problem being how to fix the board.

I'm tired. lols

AVF Regular
    Where does it say battery size?

It doesnt directly say that it will take the 16340, but I believe they are around the same size as the RCR123A. They are certainly in the same time zone size wise.

I have read about the getting the LED to show. Seems thick gauge nylon fishing line has been used as a transmission method. I have never had cause to try it

Edit. Just had a re read of your post!!! Disregard the fishing line. I read LCD as LED!!!! For mounting the board, Hot melt glue works for me??
    Last edited by Robray; 26-05-13 at 12:45 AM.

AVF Regular
    Yeh I suppose hot glue around the cut out (not to close) and push down. But the problem is, what if the board buttons engage when pushing in place?

I would have them wired but will count for nought if the switches are pushed permanently down. I need some sort of space to raise the board whilst keeping screen flush with tin.

I think I seen some where a guy using carto end plugs glued to the pcb as spacers.

Iv'e watched too many vids and pics tonight lols.

AVF Regular
    If you do jumper the switches, its no great shake to remove the switches. I have to assume you are using the vamo board? This image is with the fire switch removed, and the small switches are removed and jumpered the same way.
    A good dose of hot glue will serve to set the board and more importantly, insulate the board from the metal enclosure, although I would put some insulating tape or some such first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AVF Regular
    Yeh might be the go Robray, I'm just little uneasy with my solder skills But overall would make the look of the mod. Where didi ya find the pic by the way?

I'm going to start a thread today on the build. So I will get this thread deleted.

Cya over there at some time.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbavet View Post
    Yeh might be the go Robray, I'm just little uneasy with my solder skills But overall would make the look of the mod. Where didi ya find the pic by the way?

I'm going to start a thread today on the build. So I will get this thread deleted.

Cya over there at some time.

The pick is one I am working on at home.

If your soldering the jumpers, you can certainly remove the switches. I found that I had to turn my soldering iron up to melt the solder on the solder pads. If all else fails, I feel sure that cutting the legs with a scalpel would be possible for the small switches??

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    I feel sure that cutting the legs with a scalpel would be possible for the small switches??
    I cut them with wire snips. Works fine.
    Robray likes this.