Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By second_chance

Thread: GP Paps V2.1 mod for 18650 Blazar Batteries

GP Paps V2.1 mod for 18650 Blazar Batteries

Greetings,

Yesterday I posted a thread about the incompatibility of Blazar 3400 mah batteries with mechanical mods due to the size of the units. Firstly, I want to acknowledge how great supersports600 was in his support for my issue. Top bloke and I will be doing all my battery purchases with him in the future .

Now, here is a simple fix if you want to use these with your Paps and an 18650 tube (my comments only relate to the telescoping post model as in v2.1). Simply remove the adjustable post altogether from the brass atty connector and the fit is almost spot on. you also need to wind the atty connector all the way to the top but the Kayfun 3.1 for instance is practically flush on the top of the mod at this adjustment anyway. Once you do this there is just the tiniest gap that you can barely fit a fingernail into between the top cap and the mod. Visibly, you hardly notice it at all. I now have a Paps in 18650 mode with a VERY direct connection that that looks great and has power to last me two full days and I hit it HARD! There are other mods like the Chi_You that you will not be able to use these with at all but the Paps is fine if you do this simple change. Also great is that with these batteries, and this set up, I don't need to worry about adjusting anything. Just drop in the battery, screw on the cap and go.

In summary then, although limited for some mechanical applications these are a very good option for the Paps. Very happy that I found a way to use these big boys.
    Last edited by second_chance; 25-05-13 at 12:33 PM.