Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 308hjute
  • 1 Post By neofelis
  • 1 Post By 308hjute

Thread: Sigelei #8 optimisation

AVF Regular

Sigelei #8 optimisation

Picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago cheap. Many thanks kingsr.

After finding it not hitting as hard as I thought it should, I've done a bit of reading on ECF about Sigelei mech mods. Here, huge thread: Sigelei Mechnical Mods

Have also read a bit on here from studiovape and some of the stuff he has done.

So, this weekend I'm going to attempt to use some of what I've learned to improve this thing.

First job will be to remove the ridge in the 18650 tube that is stopping me from putting a 3400mah Panasonic 18650 in there. Can only use 18350's at the moment.

Then will be stripping the plating from all contacts, modifying the throw on the switch, and doing something with the battery spring. Not keen on removing the spring and replacing it with a pin / brass screw as eventually I'd like to run 18490 and a kick.

I'm very open to any suggestions if anyone has some. I'll try and take some photo's but they will be iPhone spec. Cruzmiguel I am not
    kingsr likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    308 what about sanding the top to remove the air channels?
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Not sure that I'm too worried about them floorzone. Would then probably need to do the same to the 510 connection. More interested in getting the contact areas bared up and the thing running well first.

And I might want to run carto tanks on it so would need to still adjust for a slight gap? Although I have to do that with the Vamo now anyway.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Couldn't find anywhere else to post this.

One of the main problems I had with my Sigelei #8 is that after having a short the spring collapsed on me and turned black. I couldn't find a new compression spring so this is a better fix to replacing the spring!

luntingsir likes this.

AVF Regular
    So, 5 months later I've got this thing working well.

Sanded all of the chrome plating off the contacts, and that was an improvement. Filled the original (silver) battery spring up with the shielding cable from some AV lead. Again a bit of an improvement but it's always been inconsistent, with the button getting hot every now and then.

So while I was getting a better button for the 19b that I have, I grabbed a new switch and replacement bottom spring for the #8. The spring is not a good fit, so again, some shielding has gone into the bottom of it to hold it in the brass cup on the bottom of the mod. By replacing the switch itself I've eliminated the thread locking compound that was used when the thing was manufactured.

Now it hits consistently and no more hot button. Very impressed with the minimal effort and cost that it took to get there.

And the 19b. Tutorial here ---> Sigelei Mechnical Mods - Page 221 on EFC on how to upgrade the switch using magnets. Works brilliantly. Added bonus is that mine now has genuine Holden parts in it. I needed a piece of copper wire, so raided a spare ute wiring harness I have in the garage!!!
    Fatman likes this.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE