Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: RSST - how do YOU build your coils and wicks

RSST - how do YOU build your coils and wicks

Hi gang I ordered a smok RSST today and wanted to get a head start on what to do before it arives during the week I also ordered some consumables to get started , 2.5 silica , 3mm glass fibre wick , 32 gauge kenthal , #500 ss mesh . I plan on trying the silica or glass fibre wicks before I get into the ss mesh . I will be running on a pro vari mini so keen to achieve 1.5 or greater in ohms any thing up to 3 ohms I guess . Any tips ? Any threads I should check out ?

AVF Regular
    Watch This Mesh isn't that hard to use. Probably better with an rsst
    Scottyhooton likes this.

AVF Regular
    pbusardo also did a rsst review a cpl of month ago
    Scottyhooton likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Thats a really good tutorial on building coils in that vid. Thought it would be helpful for a noob.
    Scottyhooton likes this.

Well that video certainly made it all a lot clearer , I'll give the SS a go for sure . I assume you can do your oxidising on the stove yeah .

Super Moderator
    Roll the mesh as tight as you can, burn it for about 2-3 mins, juice burn it 5-6 times, coil it up, fire it on lowest voltage to suss out hotspots/shorts, continue going up in voltage till you are at 20% higher than where you want to be at... fill up vape.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyhooton View Post
    Well that video certainly made it all a lot clearer , I'll give the SS a go for sure . I assume you can do your oxidising on the stove yeah .
    yeah or with a lighter (takes ages though)
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Ok so I got the rsst today and I have 32 gauge kenthal & 500 SS mesh first coil came out at 2.9 ohm ( 1 wrap ! ) spewin I want less for when the mech arrives , having a little trouble with hot spots - although it doesn't taste burnt . How the **** do I work out the hot spots with one wrap ?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyhooton View Post
    Ok so I got the rsst today and I have 32 gauge kenthal & 500 SS mesh first coil came out at 2.9 ohm ( 1 wrap ! ) spewin I want less for when the mech arrives , having a little trouble with hot spots - although it doesn't taste burnt . How the **** do I work out the hot spots with one wrap ?
    You have a short somewhere, I need to find some charts for you, each guage of kanthal has a set resistance per fixed length of wire, by nature the smaller the guage the higher the resistance, so .20 will have lower resistance than .16 or .12

I AWG the smaller the number the thicker the wire, 32 AWG is .20 wire. For a 3-4 wrap coil it ought to be around 1.6 to 2 ohm depending on the overal length of wire which will be determined by your wick thickness and the distance the wick is from the positive and negative posts.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    32g kanthal is 1.15 ohm\inch so if you're getting 2.9 ohms with 1 wrap I suspect you have a problem somewhere.

Resistance chart in here the mesh company
    Last edited by Nakor; 06-06-13 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Add stuffs
    lheamfrg likes this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast