AVF Regular

Has this been done? Is it feasible? Would it Work?

Looking at a Typical Genisis style atomiser I don't see a lot of variation in the formula. Post, neg screw, wick hole, fill hole then multiples of hole for various wick options. One thing that does seem apparent in changing flavour profiles is the airhole size and positioning and chamber volume in the top cap with the later seeing more inovation of late.

That being said take a standard machined top cap, you could do one of two things, make a completely new top cap or top caps with different chamber profiles to experiment with or make a insert or sets of inserts to change the profiles of existing Gennie RBA's

Anyone tried it, think its worthwhile? Looking at recent reviews of the Doodlebug and Fogatti gave me the idea for configurable top cap chamber sizes. Any thoughts?

Stabs

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    A drop in spacer could work just leave a pizza style cutout for the wick and centre post.

Maybe a notch in the bottom to slightly cover the grounding screw and a tank breather hole.

Would make a really warm Vape......

AVF Regular
    From my (limited) experience with Genesis style attys.. yes, I think chamber size, airhole size and hole position are the main factors in how it draws and performs.
    I have had the same thoughts about varying caps or using stuffers in there if there's room.

I say go for it and please let us know what you find.

AVF Regular
    Now off to get a few candidates for stuffing, cobra clone, AC9 clone

I am going to give bamboo a go, reasoning I can get pressed bamboo chopping block to mutilate easy enough, it will not conduct so it will be error tolerant, and I can steam it to prime for the experiments. Depending on the swelling factor, I may even be able to get a shape to what I like and see how effective steam fitting the blank into a top cap works out for a permanent fit.

May alter taste though, however a wooden (technically grass) chamber should give a more consistent vape from pick up to put down because it wont cool the vape like a thick steel cape will when cold. So it should be intially a warmer vape from the start.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

People have been working on various drop in inserts in the modders section on ECF, somewhere in the ceramic wick thread.

RC

AVF Regular
    Hmm a permanent fit would only work on a Push on Top cap, Not a Threaded cap.

lol don't want you to go to all the trouble only to find it crush your setup upon trying to put on the cap.

AVF Regular
    It will definitely be a push top cap setup lol. Might even be easier just to dispense with top cap altogether I have little in the way of wood working gear but I have a mate with a 40x40 full of it for cabinet making.

Mmm thinking a little more down that line of thought....22mm is small in my mits, lacquered bamboo mod anyone?