Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wire glue

Wire glue

Has anyone used this stuff before? -> Wire Glue Electrically Conductive Glue | eBay

I want to bypass the switch on an ego board and I don't think I have a hope in hell of soldering something that small. Just wondering if this stuff is viable.

AVF Regular
    Haha I was looking at that stuff the other day, Jaycar sells it as well. I wouldn't mind hearing some firsthand experience with the stuff as well.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Modders section on ECF had some info somewhere, but overall it was not recommended probably because they are solder Heads.

RC

AVF Regular
    Amazon.com: M. Howell's review of Sciplus 400 Electrically Conductive Solder... for a review
    For your intended purpose, consider this aspect of that review; "I purchased this item to use for "soldering" electrical connections where true soldering was prohibitive due to the heat associated with it. This product is basically 100% carbon powder suspended in a glue product. It must be stirred up very well before each use. It's disappointing that the glue product is SO fluid; it flows like crazy and can make a heck of a mess if you're not careful. It takes at least 24 hours for the glue to dry completely, but by golly it's conductive!! For connections that are apt to be stressed due to movement, I advise finally sealing the connection with epoxy"

Try it, report back.

MrGruffy = Solderhead

I'd much prefer solder but attaching leads to the switch contacts on an ego board is beyond my skill level methinks. I'll try my local Jaycar and see if they have any and give it a shot.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    You could always open up the switch and try soldering from the inside. I opened a twist switch for a look see. I have images somewhere. will check
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Cheers Robray

AVF Regular
    Electrically, what is you are trying to do here?
    If it's bridging each side connections, why?

No, not interested in bridging. There is no need.

I like big buttons. All I want to do is bypass the button on the ego board, much in the same way I did on the Vamo. Vamo button is easy as the solder pads are big enough, and far enough apart for my novice soldering skills to handle. I got some ego boards today and when I look at them I can't see how I could possible solder wires to them without getting a big blob of solder over both contacts. Hence my reason for looking for alternatives.

No hurry though. Got two other projects in the pipeline before this one.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Here are the images. They don't show a lot with regards to the needed connections, but it will give you an idea.

No, I dont know what the center round connection does!!! I just pulled it apart for a look see. Never took the multimeter to it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast