Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VV Device Advice

Hello fellow modders!!

I have been tinkering with a few different mod builds, and looking to branch out into some VV stuff, as all I have managed thus far is straight 3.7V devices.

I am looking at this and wondering if it could be wired into a circuit and used to vary the voltage output.

I have thought about getting my hands on a few Lavatube or VAMO PCB's, but the issue of the button placement and re-routing the button to a horn switch or something is a bit daunting with the small circuit wiring on the PCB's and what not, so would the device I linked above be suitable to go between a battery and atty connector and switch circuit ?

Cheers in advance for any advice!!

Ben.

NFI, but that thing is positively HUGE compared to some others available
    This one uses a single button EcigModShop Australia - ZMAX V2 PCB and does VV and VW

Quote Originally Posted by dvietrod View Post
    that thing is positively HUGE compared to some others available
    Yeah true, it is like twice the size of the VAMO + Lavatube + ZMAX PCB's, but the price is right!!

The ZMAX PCB is better than the others, but still have the issue of re-routing the button :/

Cheers,

Box mod maybe ? more space available, using two stacked batteries similar to Billet Box Vapor Inc.
    Just some ideas.
    How you implement is a different matter however.

Yeah using the linked device in a box mod is the idea, I have some nice timber here I have been building boxes out of, just want to find the right VV device that is easy enough to wire up without having to solder the fine circuitry to re-route the fire button like on the VAMO PCB......

Rerouting the switch is really easy. There is plenty of room on both the Vamo and the Zmax to work. You don't have to bridge the connection across both sides of the button. Taking two wires off one side is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmas View Post
    You don't have to bridge the connection across both sides of the button.
    So you mean I can just sort of 'half' disconnect the original button on the ZMAX PCB and solder a wire to each of the legs of the switch to my new button ? Like in this pic ? (excuse the dodgy paint work!!)

Yep.

You're -ve mark is a tad off though. You want to solder to the little solder pad on the PCB that the switch contact runs into. Like the way you marked the +ve. I'm pretty sure you can remove the button altogether. I know on the Vamo the button is only held there by the soldered contacts. I took one off the Vamo with wire snips and soldered on wires to go to another button and it works fine.

Cool,.. So I think I understand the concept - I can remove the button completely, and then just run two wires from two of the points the original button was connected to, to my new switch ? Leaving the other two points where the original button was connected, bare ?

Seems pretty simple really.

Now to find somewhere they are in stock!

Yeah, that's it. You can run your switch wires from either side depending on how you want to route the wiring. You can leave the button on, or take it off depending on your needs.

If you do find any Zmax boards grab an extra and I'll swap ya for a Vamo board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast