Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: First Try at a WOODY!!!!

AVF Regular

First Try at a WOODY!!!!

Saturday, raining, nothing to do, time for a play in the shed. First take one old half log of Camphor Laurel

IMAG0159.jpg

Grab chainsaw and planer and got two pieces ready for the wood lathe

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Turn to shape

IMAG0162.jpg

Wax and estapol take of lathe and do second one

IMAG0167.jpg

both done ready to use drill press with 22mm bit

continued.........................
    Robray, margyb, essiemessy and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    IMAG0171.jpg

now using spare 18650 paps tube and 510 connector and paps button fit

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

finished product although not epoxied into wood just playing but have some thoughts about doing some of these but will need to get other threaded tube, 510 connectors, and bottom buttons etc costed for manufacture, good fun! Hope you enjoyed the read and pics!
    Captain, Noe, ckane and 11 others like this.

Nice work there

AVF Regular
    Thanks Dalmas, nothing like the smell of wood turning Camphor Laurel, was good fun and kept me occupied for a day.
    Robray likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    So these are essentially covers for existing PVs?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Nice work. If you decide to extend you inventory I'd love to purchase an Oz made stand.

J-Stands

AVF Regular
    Could be Noe, was really just experimenting, would like to have my own components CNC machined and properly sized to fit with big end caps to finish it off and produce a locally made wood PV, but inner stainless tube. Will have to cost everything out and see if it would be worthwhile doing. Would like a big bottom button and maybe mix it up with a beauty ring or metal inlay of some sort. Just sharing atm. Would also need to put in the venting holes into the big bottom button. Will see how it progresses.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by pcan68 View Post
    Thanks Dalmas, nothing like the smell of wood turning Camphor Laurel, was good fun and kept me occupied for a day.

Ok for you. I can only afford Bunnings Pine!!! Any off cuts?? Only joking I don't have a lathe. Nice job!!!
    Fatman likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcan68 View Post
    Could be Noe, was really just experimenting, would like to have my own components CNC machined and properly sized to fit with big end caps to finish it off and produce a locally made wood PV, but inner stainless tube. Will have to cost everything out and see if it would be worthwhile doing. Would like a big bottom button and maybe mix it up with a beauty ring or metal inlay of some sort. Just sharing atm. Would also need to put in the venting holes into the big bottom button. Will see how it progresses.
    Why use a SS tube at all?
    You could make a 100% wood tube, mech mod, with wood end caps & button.
    The only parts that need to be metal are internal & the 510 connection, instead of an inner SS tube, how about using a copper wire down to a neg spring at the base of the woody, spring housed by a wood cap.
    The button could have an outer of wood to keep the aesthetic & have metal behind it for making contact, even better would be a magnetic switch, rather than a spring switch.
    Robray, Itsmerobyn, davee and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Good points Noe, hadn't thought about that at all, today was just an impulse for something to do, I thought if I posted this others might have something to add. Thanks, I am looking at this a whole other way now!
    Noe likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast