Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Stabs
  • 3 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Could we have some Stickies for Technical References?

AVF Regular

Modding Technical References Sites/Documents and Parts Links

I have been scouring the net looking for different types of information, battery tech, machining etc. Could a sticky be made to reference sites the veteran modders use?

I browsed Battery Univeristy today, quite arduos found this site, which has plenty of Battery information on 18650's current brands pro's and cons only wierd thing about it is these guys seem to get off on Flashlight collecting, modding and testing but a good source of a layman read on current to market options.

BATTERY TECH
    Forums | BudgetLightForum.com
    Batteries and chargers
    Battery test-review 18650 summary

Metal Machining Information for DIY
    DYI Lathe Work
    DYI Milling

MODDING SUPPLIES
    http://www.hobbyparts.com.au/
    Last edited by Stabs; 03-07-13 at 07:18 PM. Reason: It's now a Sticky use it or lose it......
    lulu68, vengaman and Cat like this.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

why not, this is it ..
    will rename later when mot on tapatalk.
    use it or lose it..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

A few other links:
    Charger and Battery testsBatteries and chargers
    18650 round up Battery test-review 18650 summary

Place to buy AW batteries from direct: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...17#post2513217

Place to buy Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo batteries from direct Keeppower Technology Co., Limited-Li ion Batteries

Cheaper place to buy: http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...h-rechargeable
    Last edited by neofelis; 01-07-13 at 10:09 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Thanks Neo, I will add to the top post and include categories as they come up and keep them organised. Edit: I wont add suppliers to the list as in my opinion there are Vendor sections that support the forum etc so they will not be included. I will keep it to Technical information of course people can go wherever they like to buy their stuff...
    Last edited by Stabs; 01-07-13 at 05:59 PM.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    All of you mad scientists out there can you point us to your modding supply favorite places, even if its look inside your toaster, you can put up a post which I think I can link to the first post, maybe? Work that bit out later....

Super Moderator
    Robray, Dalmas and Stabs like this.

Tips for metal turning tools
    Vertical Shear Bit

The vertical shear bit produces a very smooth finish (better than some brushed SS finishes I've found) on the Gr2 Titanium, if I take my time there is no finishing required post lathe.

Took a better pic of the finish on Gr2 Titanium
    Attachment 12486
    Last edited by KamaKaZzie; 16-09-13 at 03:08 PM.

AVF Regular
    I've been trying to figure out how some people make very similar coils to me but get drastically different ohm readings and came across this PDF about heating wire.

I haven't read it all and so far it hasn't helped me figure it out but there is a lot of interesting info in it.

Thought I would through a link in here for people to have a read if they are interested.

http://www.kanthal.com/Global/Downlo...NG-2012-01.pdf

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soulvaper View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how some people make very similar coils to me but get drastically different ohm readings and came across this PDF about heating wire.

I haven't read it all and so far it hasn't helped me figure it out but there is a lot of interesting info in it.

Thought I would through a link in here for people to have a read if they are interested.

http://www.kanthal.com/Global/Downlo...NG-2012-01.pdf
    Refer to page 48 - Kanthal D wire dimensions and properties.

Work out the diameter of your wire from the gauge using calculator here Wire Gauge & Diameter Calculator and look up the resistance per meter in the pdf chart you linked.

Larger diameter wire (smaller gauge) will have less resistance in the same length.

E.g. 32 gauge wire is 0.20 mm in diameter, will have resistance of 43 ohm/m.

You want 1.5 ohm, you need 1.5/43 meters length or 3.448 cm in this case. Measured from circuit contact points.