Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By aussievapes
  • 1 Post By aussievapes

Thread: mini-nova with a protank coil

AVF Regular

mini-nova with a protank coil

Hi guys, I purchased a mini-nova from fasttech and well I did some experimenting with it,
    Basically I unscrewed the vivi-nova 2.4 ohm coil and wanted to see if a protank coil would screw on, It did, so then it all screwed together just fine, the protank coil was sticking out the top of the mininova and into the drip tip, I notice when I removed the drip tip that there was a 1.5mm gap around the hole the mininova, So I removed the top and pushed the vivinova rubber gasket on the protank coil metal stem and screwed it together again and that stopped it from leaking, how simple, Then I tried it and it worked.
    So basically unscrew the mininova coil, screw in a protank coil, take the rubber gasket off the vivi-nova coil and place it on the top of the protanks metal stem and screw it together and vape.
    LoL that was too easy.
    Jeff
    Robray and vreidisgod like this.

AVF Regular
    but isn't a protank a bottom coil clearo and a vivi nova a top coil clearo? how does it go wicking with a bcc coil in a top coil clearo?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    but isn't a protank a bottom coil clearo and a vivi nova a top coil clearo? how does it go wicking with a bcc coil in a top coil clearo?
    well its basically the same sort of coils setup, it gets the positive from the bottom, and wicks in the middle and vapor from the top. It works rather nicely
    Jeff

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Kay, a coil is a coil, all it really does is heat juice into vapor.

I imagine though that with the very short wicks of a BCC head, that the amount of tilting required to prevent dry hits will be quite frequent, in a tank designed for a top coil.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I'm curious, Jeff.

Is there any real advantage to this? Better vapour or flavour?

I'm a vivi fanboi and think I have perfected the coil rebuilding for these but I am always open to new ideas.

AVF Regular
    yeah, I guess it was just the tilting/twirling I was thinking about. with the top coil clearos I've used, I've had to do that even with the long wicks once i'm about half way thru the tank. it'd drive me nuts if I had to do it right from the start. I know the coil itself would still fire if all the connections were made, just wondered about wicking issues, is all.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalmas View Post
    I'm curious, Jeff.

Is there any real advantage to this? Better vapour or flavour?

I'm a vivi fanboi and think I have perfected the coil rebuilding for these but I am always open to new ideas.
    I was a large vivi-nova fan, I probably have around 20 of them, Then I tried the kanger pro tank and like the amount of vapor/flavour better but didn't the pyrex smashing on the ground first drop or the metal taste from the tip. So then I tried a Evod, it was nice but not as good as the protank, So Then I tossed a protank coil in the evod and it was perfect, only one thing, The evod didn't hold much juice, So then they came out with the T3S, Well I purchased about 12 of them the first month they were out, Basically its a 3ml evod that uses Protank coils, These are great, Then Never Leak, unlike vivi-nova's, They last almost all day, Fill once and I'm good until I come home from work.
    Then I made the KangerNovaStein for all my citrus juices , You get the metal tank and a kanger protank coil, best of both worlds
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    As wicking goes, I always lay down the battery/clearo so its always wet, Haven't had an issue yet.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    ah, I see. it all makes sense now. the kangernovastein sounds like it ticks all your boxes

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    ah, I see. it all makes sense now. the kangernovastein sounds like it ticks all your boxes
    Yes maybe you missed the thread where I made it
    KangerNoVaStein
    Jeff
    ultravape likes this.