Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: I rebuilt my first coil on a dripper pro ceramic cup!!!

I rebuilt my first coil on a dripper pro ceramic cup!!!

I was down to my last pre-coiled ceramic cup, I have 12 of the ceramics which I was saving to rebuild.
    So I had a go at it earlier today and failed miserably, I could not join the R/NR wire together properly, then when I finally got one the resistance portion ended up too short, next go was ok but then the loop on the wick was too short to tuck under the pole.
    To make matters worse, I pulled apart my last pre-coiled ceramic which I was using as a reference, so now I had nothing to use in my dripper pro.
    That was earlier this afternoon, and since then I've been vaping on a 510 bridgless atomizer which I was using for months before getting the dripper pro, well the dripper pro has spoiled me because I forgot how to use it - flooding, dry burns, too much liquid, too little liquid.
    So while thinking about what to do, and having had enough of the 510 atty, I had another go.
    This time, armed with the the wire and wick from the pre-built ceramic, I was able to measure the exact lengths of resistance, no-resistance, and wick needed to build one of these beasts, success at last @2.1 ohms.
    Next on my shopping list will be a wire welder, I've contacted stig on ukv about getting a mini zapper which will make joining the wires a lot easier.
    gtadmin, mathsguy, bugzme and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I have had some success rebuilding these but never used nr wire and have not had a problem at all. I didn't even think the premade had nr wire in them

It does take a bit if fiddling to build them but practice makes perfect

AVF Regular
    The premade in mine definitely had nr wire.

If you don't use it, at the least you're wasting a lot of amps to not heat juice.. and any time you have hot wire without juice I think the taste is gonna be off somewhat too.

Yeah it's there but it's welded together and looks very neat, which is why the wire welder is now on my shopping list.

Rebuilding 5 ceramics now while vaping away on the one I already made, good times
    davee and RichoVonBlack like this.

AVF Regular
    hahah so it does on closer inspection lol didnt even notice the join looks like ill need a zapper thingy as well any recommendations

could explain mixed results

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    If you dont have a zapper & you are using soft silver wire for the NR section, you can use a jet lighter to "solder" the NR wire to the R wire
    davee and RichoVonBlack like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I'm planning to get one of these, have contacted stig on ukv, just after 9am over there so hopefully get the details soon.
    Mini Zapper by Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by conner83 View Post
    hahah so it does on closer inspection lol didnt even notice the join looks like ill need a zapper thingy as well any recommendations

could explain mixed results

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    If you dont have a zapper & you are using soft silver wire for the NR section, you can use a jet lighter to "solder" the NR wire to the R wire
    Ann interesting will have to give it a go

Cheers

AVF Regular
    I salute you Sir, jolly good show what!,,,,,( Im baby sitting and Im making the rugrat watch "Biggles")
    filbert likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Toothpick measuring tool, the tip is where I start twisting the wire.
    Attachment 10173

Once I've got a couple of twists I'll clamp it down so I can get a tight twist so it doesn't fall apart.
    Attachment 10174

5 wires done.
    Attachment 10175

Coiled.
    Attachment 10176

And job done.
    Attachment 10177

Looking around for some bulk wire and wick now.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast