Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By suspect
  • 1 Post By suspect
  • 1 Post By suspect

Thread: Sigelei #19b Modification Guide

Sigelei #19b Modification Guide

Hey Vapers I just finished tinkering with my #19b to get rid of the miss-fires and improve voltage as per Todds review and other assorted posts i have read. Just thought i would explain what i did so everyone else can find the info in 1 thread if they are looking to achieve the same results. I ended up with 0 miss fires, 0.000 voltage drop across the whole mod, smaller switch throw and it holds its own weight with 186500 battery and full Smoktech DCT tank. Im not exact with technical terms so bear with me

Ok so starting from the top

I sanded down the top cap 510 connector so it flush mounts.
    Removed the hot spring sanded down the top of the delrin cap about 4mm and added a m4 x20mm brass bolt (i cut this down to suit later) so it has adjustable top pin (i dont know, is this what they refer to as a floating positive pin?)

At the bottom end on the switch

This was the fun part as i had one of the switches that is glued together. i tried to disassemble it as per Todds review with pliers but it wouldn't budge so I started by drilling into the magnet. I learnt from experience its best to make sure your hole is in the centre as it makes life easier at the end. drill all the way through using a 3mm bit. it sparks the whole time until it gets to the brass and it cracks and shatters along the way. as soon as it gets to brass you want to stop you will know when you hit it because it will stop sparking and you will see brass filings. i did this gradually removing bits of magnet as i went. i think this also helps because you dont want to make it too hot and melt the delrin cup. as soon as you hit brass stop the magnet should shatter and completely fall away. Once i got rid of the magnet i soaked the whole switch in isopropyl alcohol for 24 hours. I then removed the switch dried it and drilled into the centre of the brass contact using a 1.5mm drill bit about 5mm. then i hammered a 2mm allen key into the hole, held the bottom of the switch with multigrips and turned it to break the glue and disassemble the switch.

Once the switch was apart i cut and modified the hot spring from the top using a little heat and some persuasion (and btw this spring isnt brass its way to hard, maybe brass plated) to use as a new spring. I added an O-ring to the brass contact like Todd to reduce the switch throw. Where the hole was left from the allen key i drilled into it with a 3mm bit and threaded the hole with 4mm tap. i then placed a M4 x 10mm (roughly) brass bolt here to act as negative contact. this makes the bottom contact adjustable to suit if you change the switch throw at all.

All in all this took me about 2-3 hour work that included finding the bolts, which i might add the nice old digger at Coventry Fasteners S.A. gave to me for free along with other assorted brass bits, borrowing my brothers Tap and Die set and cost me $0. this whole process could have been done a lot quicker if i was able to find a better guide to assist me with the process hence why im writing this. I reckon i could do it again in about 1 hour minus the 24 hours soaking time.

So for anyone interested hopefully this guide helps (and actually makes sense). feel free to add to this cause i only have minor experience when it comes to this stuff and dont hesitate to ask me any questions if you cant understand what i wrote.

SIGELEI #19 from vapegear.co.uk - YouTube is the review i watched which has a modding part in second half i just realised he has a review for the 19b too
    Sigelei 19b from celticvapes co uk - YouTube

i also got info from other various threads. hope this helps just make sure you do some research and know what your doing so you dont create a hard short and fry your battery or cause it to vent and injure yourself or someone else.

oh i better add i take no responsibility for what happens to anyone or anything doing this
    Big Ev, FOCharlie and TheDishD like this.
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

AVF Regular
    Excellent, informative and easy to follow instructions there suspect, well done and i'm sure 19b owners will find it a great help.

Just it seems to me, that for a $50 odd MOD, its a lot of work and effort to get the thing to work the way it should have from the factory... still good job mate
    Last edited by TheDishD; 12-07-13 at 01:55 AM.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

yeah i picked one up from a fellow member for $31 and it is exactly as you said a lot for a mod that should come like that from factory. but it is a cheap chinese mod and with some modification it can be converted to perform as well as some more expensive mods. plus its small and compact, telescopes and looks nice and simple.

i forgot to add i will throw up some photos tomorrow when i get some time to show people the end results
    TheDishD likes this.

i got one update here to add to this. i started to get a few miss fires. i realised this was due to having all solid contacts that didnt allow for any tolerance in the switch button. this resulted in a bad connection between the switch button which is connected to the negative battery terminal and the mod body. to get around this i coiled some copper wire into the bottom switch to ensure there was always contact between the button and the mod body and now it is firing everytime.

like i said earlier i only have minor experience with mods and a basic knowledge of electronics so for anyone looking to do modifications like this make sure you do plenty of research and have a reasonable understanding of electronics and how to use a multimeter properly. all the information i have provided here is really just a collaboration of different threads and videos i have seen in relation to modding the #19s.
    TheDishD likes this.