Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Stabs

Thread: Made my first Pipe Stem for my epipe

AVF Regular

Made my first Pipe Stem for my epipe

Well I am pretty chuffed with myself, technically made my first DIY item for a vaping device.

The stem on the Spheroid used to be a conductor out of a 100kv Transformer bush that I found at work. Delrin drip tip sacrificed to make the adapter, it is press melted fit to the flange I formed under heat using needle nosed pliers.

Still needs a fair bit of finishing, but I am happy to now have something I made, it was a very relaxing day.

Pstem3.jpgAttachment 10383
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stabs; 13-07-13 at 05:11 PM.
    margyb, Stomp, Fatman and 4 others like this.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    Excellent work there Stabs, well done!

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

pinch the grandparent's cutlery (or any sterling silver) and lay down some silver at the mouth (electro plate)
    Last edited by KamaKaZzie; 13-07-13 at 05:33 PM. Reason: cant spell, cant type... >_<

good job

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KamaKaZzie View Post
    pinch the grandparent's cutlery (or any sterling silver) and lay down some silver at the mouth (electro plate)
    Well it is tapered about one inch from the end and I have been toying with adding something there, I don't really have the right tools (yet!) to mod an existing tip, I was going to go down to the local smokers shop and see if I can pick up a cheap stem and fit a section of the mouth piece to it, I am thinking to taper it down. I originally wanted the flanged end to be the diameter of the 510 recess on the Spheroid but again not quite enough ass in the mini work shop to get it done properly.

But seeing though I have another length of copper conductor to play with I can make another when I have the right tools or tear this one down for another adapter reset so the copper is flush with the Spheroid...

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....