Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just received an RSST

Mir

Just received an RSST

First time genesis, first coil. Had a small hotspot but that was soon fixed.

Excuse my language but holy fksticks, this is insane. So different from the cartos I was using before. I feel like my throat is being *****. Tonnes of vapor and flavour, no burnt taste.

I'm actually scared. Running Del's Kretek in there at 12mg I believe and the nic hit from just a few vapes is stronger than a Marlboro Red, headspin right away. I don't think I can take this, it's really hitting my throat hard. It feels incredibly warm and thick (oh god), am I doing something wrong?!!? Running five wraps of 28 gauge on 400 mesh, wrapped with rollie paper.
    Noe, arth_d, lozza 82 and 2 others like this.

lol if you think that's crazy, try 18mg 70/30 pg juice :P which is what im vaping atm (running out of my fav juices so had to dig deep into my throwaway juices, i normally vape 12mg 50/50 or 70/30vg)

gennie will give you that massive throat hit you will get used to it over time though as long as it's not due to hotspots or hot legs (you will know if you get this, even really really tiny part as your flavour will be really bland and bigger hotspots or hotlegs can choke you!)

AVF Regular
    Yeah gennies are the shit. I was on 12mg and am now down to 6mg due to genesis tanks. Even unflavoured 6mg 100%VG is enough Throat hit for me on the Orion. Put it in a vivi nova I may as well go out and breath the air in the city for a bigger hit.

Mir
    I had a couple of puffs with the hot spot to get a feel, very burnt taste. What are hot legs?

I have 18 and 24mg 70/30 pg mixes sitting in front of me. I don't think I even want to try them lol. Luckily I ordered some vg along with the RSST so I can dilute it down. Hnng.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Yeah gennies are the shit. I was on 12mg and am now down to 6mg due to genesis tanks. Even unflavoured 6mg 100%VG is enough Throat hit for me on the Orion. Put it in a vivi nova I may as well go out and breath the air in the city for a bigger hit.
    Arth you big wuss!

Try vaping 24mg/ml(sometimes a bit higher maybe 27mg/ml) 70/30 PG/VG @ 10-12watts on a RSST
    That's my ADV
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Ok noob question inbound....

Does "genesis" refer to a particular brand or is it just a particular type of RSST? Or are an RSST and genisis the same thing....

Also what the difference between an RSST and an RBA? Is it just that an RSST has an RBA?

Sorry if this confuses you, it confuses me as well!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparhawke View Post
    Ok noob question inbound....

Does "genesis" refer to a particular brand or is it just a particular type of RSST? Or are an RSST and genisis the same thing....

Also what the difference between an RSST and an RBA? Is it just that an RSST has an RBA?

Sorry if this confuses you, it confuses me as well!
    LMFAO

Ok sorry for laughing it's a good set of questions.
    Genesis is a style of atty, that uses (usually) SS mesh as the wick & kanthal for the coil, which is rebuildable. Hence the term RBA - rebuildable atty.
    A RSST is a genesis & is a RBA but there are many other genesis atties too.
    There are also RBA dripping atties, which do not have the tank section like a genesis does, these are usually called RDAs.
    sparhawke likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    AFAIK the "Genesis" style is an open-source standard.

I need to get my new RSST working...

AVF Regular
    Yeah im just planning for the fact the nic importation will cease in a few years and I wont be left like Dicaprio on his mums doorstep in Basketball Diaries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Arth you big wuss!

Try vaping 24mg/ml(sometimes a bit higher maybe 27mg/ml) 70/30 PG/VG @ 10-12watts on a RSST
    That's my ADV

AVF Regular
    My thoughts exactly when i tried a genesis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast