• 3 Post By DEATHGUYJ
  • 2 Post By DEATHGUYJ
  • 2 Post By DoofPopClown
  • 1 Post By Bodiseifer
  • 1 Post By TimmyC

Thread: the can mod

AVF Regular

Lightbulb the can mod

so I'm currently in the process of building a can mod in a dr peper can I have taken the top off and added tabs to it so it can be placed back on securely and lined the inside of the can with 3 day epoxy coated cardboard to reinforce the thin sides

I'm trying to build this with as much as I have lying around I will need to order another 510 connection or may butcher an ego for it's main board and connection I'm planning to run it off 1 or 2 900mah unprotected lithium cells I would love some suggestions and ideas and alsohas anyone here built one before

so far I have wired the battery pack and switch leaving all the wires too long on purpose so I can figure out the lay-out then I will cut and shorten later I need to mount the switch in it's final position I have used a pressure switch from my box of nerf scraps and battery pack is from an old power wave pc controller wiring is from leftover pc parts

ok so a quick update I have since ordered a better battery pack and also a cheap ego to use for its pcb/switch and the connector they should arrive soon will continue with this once I get them expect lots more pictures
    Robray, Roxxiiangel and Juzm like this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular

image limit is reason for double post
    Robray and Godsfallen like this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Hahaha, reminds me of the good old days when the cone piece went missing.
    Juzm and Usernametaken like this.

i think i seen one built and the inside was lined with plasta of paris so the can didnt crush
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    yeah after seeing a utube vid it gave me the idea and I would rather make one then buy one

my etsy DEATHware

Question. How did you take the top part of the can off? Will it be as clean if i use a can opener to take the top off? If not what can i use? Made a couple of box mods recently and would love to give this a go.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jsalvacion123 View Post
    Question. How did you take the top part of the can off? Will it be as clean if i use a can opener to take the top off? If not what can i use? Made a couple of box mods recently and would love to give this a go.
    I got the top of with a fresh blade in my Stanley knife and just kept running it around the edge of the can apply slight pressure making sure the blade is right against the rolled edge of the can top as this will act like a guide for the blade and take your time good luck and hope to see yours

my etsy DEATHware

Thanks. Gonna look around for a resin tube or pipe thay can go and fit inside the can so its durable. And also how i can put the top part back on nice and fit how is yours doing? Do you have any diy mods aside from this?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jsalvacion123 View Post
    Thanks. Gonna look around for a resin tube or pipe thay can go and fit inside the can so its durable. And also how i can put the top part back on nice and fit how is yours doing? Do you have any diy mods aside from this?
    no worries and you should be able to find a pipe that fits nicely I glued small tabs of plastic to the inside rim and the top sits nice a snug ontop mine is in pieces as I'm waiting for more parts and this will be my first DIY mod

my etsy DEATHware